Race for the #1 Ranking Class

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I'm perfectly capable of stepping up to the mean and nasty table, but for the most part I've been treated fairly, so there's no need to go medieval.

FWIW, Georgia is back on top of the rankings!
Dawg, you cannot change Bammers by stating facts or opinions. Most of us have several pairs of Crimson glasses. You are wasting you time defending the dogs. Just saying it will be easier not to get into the changing mindset posts. I learned that on another teams fan board. No matter how I tried I could not break through their crap. Now I just shake me head and move on.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
Not taking his side in this discussion, but I took his post to mean that he hopes and expects GA to stay in contention with Smart as head coach, making it plural down the road, once that has been achieved. He is getting ahead of himself, but I don't blame him for being excited. He just needs to keep in mind that Saban is the best in the game, and Smart will have to beat Saban for GA fans to see this materialize into anything more than they achieved under Richt.
Kirby may be all the dawg fan thinks he is but a couple great recruiting classes, a Sec championship and a loss in the NC game is no reason to come to Bama boards to gloat. UGA fans will eat it up on their boards but here it is gloating.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Kirby may be all the dawg fan thinks he is but a couple great recruiting classes, a Sec championship and a loss in the NC game is no reason tocome to Bama boards to gloat. UGA fans will eat it up on their boards but here it is gloating.
Well, that`s all a high water mark that covers what, the last 20-25 years? What`s become relatively routine stuff for us is pretty damn skippy for them. Thus the gloat.
This is rarified air for them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Kirby may be all the dawg fan thinks he is but a couple great recruiting classes, a Sec championship and a loss in the NC game is no reason to come to Bama boards to gloat. UGA fans will eat it up on their boards but here it is gloating.
I get a hint of that. Maybe you are right. But he is at least trying to be subtle about it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
As I've stated on this board several times, Richt was great at bringing in flashy talent in certain positions. What Richt lacked that Bama, Clemson and Ohio St. has done over the years is amass top tier talent across all positions. To win Championships you need to be talented and deep across the board, not just in 3 or 4 positions. Georgia has never had 5*'s backing 5*'s across the board. However, that's changing under Kirby Smart. We're still not there yet, but we're closing the talent game.
Even if we give you the benefit of the doubt and assume Kirby is able to do what you are suggesting, are you going to be satisfied with what Clemson and Ohio State have to show for the talent?

Will one NC be enough OR do you think Kirby can rival less than half of what CNS has done and win more than 1 NC in the foreseeable future.

I think the hill is steeper than you think.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Remember when I told everyone Kirby was promising the world to recruits that he couldn't possibly keep. Things this week that make you go hmm.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.