2019 Prospect: **** 2019 DL Antonio Alfano Commits to Alabama ****

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: 2019 DL Antonio Alfano

Hopefully he develops faster than Hand did. Hand played better in the NFL with the Lions than he ever really did at Bama..
It did take Hand some time to develop and hopefully Antonio does it from day 1. Hand will be making a lot of money for many years in the NFL and I hope Antonio will one day also.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

He seems like a great kid, and really wants to be in Tuscaloosa! He may be my favorite player of this class! I already had him penciled in for dline rotation! The #1 overall in 247 is just gravy, and well deserved recognition for this young man!

I don’t understand how he is #1 in 247 , #5 in rivals , but #28 in ESPN! I guess the composite will update and reflect this new rating? I thought the last composite was already released!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I watched him in the all America game - he started destroying the opposing offense in the first quarter, then they just held him the rest of the game ( refs won’t call holding at all in those games).
From what I saw, he’ll be the star of this recruiting class.
He’s just got “it”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: Alfano is #1 High School Football Player in Country (According to 247 Sports)

someone might need to check his birth certificate, because he looks like he's in his 30's.
And from what I saw he plays like it...

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Re: Alfano is #1 High School Football Player in Country (According to 247 Sports)

Just go watch his film. Amazing! He also seems to have a positive outlook. He will "buy in" early! Congrats to Antonio!

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Fify...

I watched him in the all America game - he started destroying the opposing offense in the firsthen THEY JUST HELD HIM the rest of the game ( refs won’t call holding at all in OUR games EITHER).
From what I saw, HE’LL FIT RIGHT IN ON OUR D-LINE AGAINST APPOSING O-LINES

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Hopefully he develops faster than Hand did. Hand played better in the NFL with the Lions than he ever really did at Bama..

Hand was a great player at the HS level , but he did not have the quickness, the violent hands, and explosive first step off the line as AA. While he was a solid contributor esp. his senior season and even shown some flashes worthy of his lofty rankings, struggled his first few years at Bama.

All that said, Hand has become a stud in the NFL.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Hand was a great player at the HS level , but he did not have the quickness, the violent hands, and explosive first step off the line as AA. While he was a solid contributor esp. his senior season and even shown some flashes worthy of his lofty rankings, struggled his first few years at Bama.

All that said, Hand has become a stud in the NFL.
Some people just hit their stride later than others! Sure, wish he`d done it a bit earlier, but good for him nevertheless!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I watched him in the all America game - he started destroying the opposing offense in the first quarter, then they just held him the rest of the game ( refs won’t call holding at all in those games).
From what I saw, he’ll be the star of this recruiting class.
He’s just got “it”.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Should be good practice for what he'll face at the hands of SEC OL, officiated by SEC refs.

No blue font.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Hand had the same problem Q had lol. Our DL has been flithy the last 5-6 years now.
With Hand it was always more of a fit for scheme issue I think. he's tearing it up in the NFL as a Tackle playing almost purely inside, but in our scheme we had him playing DE, where sometimes he was a bit more inside, but very often he was also on the edge. he's got good quickness for a DT, but not ideal quickness as an edge player and it's not like we were going to play Hand instead of Payne.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This guy, this guy , he’s a freak!
Alfano is a physical freak who had the best vertical jump, short shuttle, and 40-yard time of any prospect in the country over 255 pounds.
BTW, he says he gained 17 pounds since he arrived in Tuscaloosa

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Wait, he was reported at 285 - is he now over 300 lbs? :eek2:
From what I’ve seen, he reported at 275 , now weighs 292. Another 6 months of Coach Cochran and I can see him at about 305-308 by August and playing weight of about 300 after fall camp. Although, they say Antonio has very little body fat, so weight gained my be kept.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
We need him and two more to step up. If Davis will play like Tarzan every down he's on the field we might get somewhere next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From what I’ve seen, he reported at 275 , now weighs 292. Another 6 months of Coach Cochran and I can see him at about 305-308 by August and playing weight of about 300 after fall camp. Although, they say Antonio has very little body fat, so weight gained my be kept.
That depends on what the staff wants him to be. Pure DT? Or a DE that slides inside some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.