2020 Prospect: ***** 5* QB Bryce Young Commits to Bama *****

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Y'all are giving me goosebumps.

I have already prepared myself for a qb dropoff after Tua.

So you are telling me there's a chance it doesn't happen???

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Y'all are giving me goosebumps.

I have already prepared myself for a qb dropoff after Tua.

So you are telling me there's a chance it doesn't happen???
Tua is a generational QB. Honestly, he and Mahomes are the best that I have ever seen at the position. This guy can be GREAT and still not be Tua. I'll take GREAT any day.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Tua is a generational QB. Honestly, he and Mahomes are the best that I have ever seen at the position. This guy can be GREAT and still not be Tua. I'll take GREAT any day.
It was a little tongue in cheek. I understand that. Think Tua will go down as Bama's best ever, to date.

I think because of his incredible accuracy and footwork he'll be a good pro too.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Excellent pickup at just the right time.

I'd love to get a Jerry Judy clone with a few more inches of height. I know we'll get our pick of a couple good WR with all the ones going pro this year.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Re: 5* QB Bryce Young

Idk how true it is but there was a rumor on twitter that getting Bryce has increased our odds of some WRs that we previously didn't have much of a shot at?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Idk how true it is but there was a rumor on twitter that getting Bryce has increased our odds of some WRs that we previously didn't have much of a shot at?
Seems like we'd be pretty high on the list of some top WRs considering we most likely lose JJ and Ruggs this year and then Smitty and Waddle next year. Plenty of opportunity at the WR position in the coming years..

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC

I am curious if this helps with Gilbert (TE). Also curious if we signed Boutte and Smith, would we hang on to Holden, Baker and Jones-Bell? I am not real familiar with any of these receivers. Are they all a big drop off from Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith and Waddle?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Several current commits are tweeting that things are about to get fun with surprises.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL

Certainly does not hurt. We definitely need to reload at receiver. Probably losing three to the draft and all leaving early.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Certainly does not hurt. We definitely need to reload at receiver. Probably losing three to the draft and all leaving early.
Seems like we'd be pretty high on the list of some top WRs considering we most likely lose JJ and Ruggs this year and then Smitty and Waddle next year. Plenty of opportunity at the WR position in the coming years..
Could be losing Smoth this season probably likely in fact.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Kid seems to be the total package. Tua's arm and Jalen's feet. It does make me nervous to see a qb hold the ball like a loaf of bread while running around.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
We are getting a really good one in Bryce. He is a talent who other elite offensive weapons will want to play with in T-town. Bama was already making progress with Arik Gilbert and he will be at Bama for the Ole Miss game and so will another elite offensive weapon. Let's see how this plays out.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Kid seems to be the total package. Tua's arm and Jalen's feet. It does make me nervous to see a qb hold the ball like a loaf of bread while running around.
That and his footwork are major areas of improvement. But he passes every other "eye test." We know it's HS competition, but surround him with our 4 and 5 star talent and he's going to excel in our "new" offense.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
That and his footwork are major areas of improvement. But he passes every other "eye test." We know it's HS competition, but surround him with our 4 and 5 star talent and he's going to excel in our "new" offense.
Agree on footwork. He seems to often stand still and flat-footed in the pocket. But that’s nitpicking a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Saw this skill set assessment from 247 on another board.

Intangibles
-
Playmaking ability
-
Pocket Presence
-
Delivery
-
Accuracy
-
Arm Strength
-
Speed
-
Size

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I am curious if this helps with Gilbert (TE). Also curious if we signed Boutte and Smith, would we hang on to Holden, Baker and Jones-Bell? I am not real familiar with any of these receivers. Are they all a big drop off from Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith and Waddle?
I think we would hold onto all of them. If it was up to me and we had to give up one it would be Holden. The other four are similar in talent and close in speed to our big 4 now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.