*** Former FSU QB Jacob Coker Transferring to Alabama ***

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Potential QB Transfer Jacob Coker Updates

I'm sure he will see a lot of similarities to what he's already learned in Tallahassee. That was part of the allure for him transferring here.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Re: Coker has transferred to Alabama per Bleacher Report....

I saw it on fansided.com also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Effectively, this will be like a JUCO (3 to play 2) but instead 2 years to play 2 seasons. Seeing how we don't intend to redshirt him because he's an early starter favorite, it is basically the same thing.

spacerats

Scout Team
Nov 11, 2006
Re: Coker has committed to Alabama...

1st year starters at QB are winning big time nowadays. This makes me feel even better with whomever wins the qb battle. We're going back to the ship 2015. RTR

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

With AJ leaving , and Coker coming in, Spring & Fall practice will be exciting once again..The QB race will be fun as it unfolds..I can't wait & see the A Day Game this go around..I really hope I can go watch it this year..

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Re: Potential QB Transfer Jacob Coker Updates

Sounds like as long as he picks up the offense and puts in work he is likely to be the starter. Does anyone know, can Bama send him our playbook for him to be learning? Not saying we would, just wondering is that is something we would do to give him a headstart before fall camp.
I think that he has all of the books he needs to study between now and May...Welcome Mr. Coker, and Roll Tide!!!

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

Finally! Look for him to enroll for the summer session after graduating from FSU this spring.

The down side of all this is that now we have to find another subject to beat to death. :)

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now

With everything in place for a national championship run in our brand new playoff, only thing missing is a QB. Nothing but a win-win situation for Alabama. May the best QB win.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Finally! Look for him to enroll for the summer session after graduating from FSU this spring.

The down side of all this is that now we have to find another subject to beat to death. :)
Well, we can always discuss crimson vs. white helmets, names or no names on the back jerseys, and, finally, will Mike Ford ever play for the Tide?

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

With AJ leaving , and Coker coming in, Spring & Fall practice will be exciting once again..The QB race will be fun as it unfolds..I can't wait & see the A Day Game this go around..I really hope I can go watch it this year..
A detail that should not be forgetten - Coker will not be participating in spring drills of game.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I read an AL.com article that listed our QB's and it didn't list Alec Morris. Is he still on our team as far as we know?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Nope. He's signed. He's onboard.
He still has to graduate from FSU.

Can he actually sign with Alabama while he's still a student (presumably still on scholarship) at FSU?

I don't know, but it would seem inconsistent to me.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I read an AL.com article that listed our QB's and it didn't list Alec Morris. Is he still on our team as far as we know?
Haven't heard otherwise.

He still has to graduate from FSU.

Can he actually sign with Alabama while he's still a student (presumably still on scholarship) at FSU?

I don't know, but it would seem inconsistent to me.
Saban said he signed with Alabama. Guess he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.