Reporter - who claimed Tua Tagovailoa ‘overrated,’ compared him to Tim Tebow

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...-tebow-explains-tweet.html#incart_river_index

In fact, he said he first made the Tebow reference during last year’s championship game.
“I think he looks like him,” Giglio said of Tagovailoa. “I think he is a better quarterback and a better thrower. But, he’s left-handed, his size, his ability to run, the way he throws the ball. I think he has a long motion like Tebow did. I think he locks in on a receiver. I kind of saw Tebow in the national title game (against Georgia).”
A pass to Henry Ruggs on Saturday against LSU confirmed his belief, Giglio said.
"CBS put up the graphic that Nick Saban’s Alabama teams have had a player drafted in the first round at every position except quarterback. The assumption in the conversation is that Tua would be that guy in a couple of years. I just started thinking about all the talent they have there, and they have finally started throwing the football and a wide-open offense.
“I think he’s good. I think he gets a lot of help from a great team and athletes around him.”
When asked why Jalen Hurts hasn’t performed with similar stats if it is because of talent around him, Giglio said Hurts “isn’t a quarterback.”
It’s not that Giglio thinks Tagovailoa will go undrafted. He just tempers the expectations.
“I don’t see the arm. I don’t see the wind up. He doesn’t look like an NFL quarterback to me,” he said. "It wouldn’t surprise me if he is a first-round pick. He’s going to end have an amazing college career. Tebow was a first-round pick, and he’s better than Tebow, but Tebow was a first-round pick.
"Based on what I’ve seen, unless he improves a lot, I’d be surprised if he dominates on Sundays like he does on Saturdays."

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
That "reporter" should go and read Trent Dilfer's analysis of Tua. To compare Tua to Tebow is so ignorant that I'm going to stop typing right now.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
So are we gonna believe this reporter or all the former qb’s that gush over Tua?

My uneducated eyes say Tua is the real deal.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Dude is seeing a left handed QB and glossing over every thing else. Other than that, he is nothing like Tebow. Frankly, Tebow was a mini-tank playing QB, with an arm good enough to get by. It was him who was made to look better because he was surrounded by a ridiculous amount of talent in college.

Don't get me wrong. Tebow was a fantastic all-around QB at the collegiate level, and it takes great talent surrounding any QB. None of the greats became great while being surrounded by mediocrity. But the only thing that is going to potentially be an issue for Tua and an NFL career is size, yet QBs shorter than him have had excellent careers.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's a better passer than Tim Tebow could ever hope to be. This guy is smoking the crack pipe or just wanting to be that guy.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I couldn't care less about:
1- what this reporter thinks of Tua, and
2- whether Tua is a massive success in the NFL.

I wish Tua the best, but once Bama players leave Bama, I don't follow them anymore. Just don't care about the NFL.

That said, this reporter is a moron if he thinks Tua's and Tebow's throwing motions are remotely similar.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about:
1- what this reporter thinks of Tua, and
2- whether Tua is a massive success in the NFL.

I wish Tua the best, but once Bama players leave Bama, I don't follow them anymore. Just don't care about the NFL.

That said, this reporter is a moron if he thinks Tua's and Tebow's throwing motions are remotely similar.
I’m with you on this. I wish them nothing but success in the league and them being there certainly helps with with recruiting.

This “reporter” is as blind as.... um....

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
What a freaking imbecile. I can't believe someone is actually THIS stupid.

I'm not even going to go into detail with how wrong he is because all of it is obvious.

I'll just say when even our Rivals and Haters are blown away by the GREATNESS of Tua and like him in spite of hating our team..... that tells you how Phenomenal he is at QB.

He completely transcends Bias and has been universally praised.....

Except by this moronic contrarian.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
People are talking about their NFL teams tanking for Tua in 2020 and it’s still 2018. That’s how special he is. He’s like that Zion Williamson kid at Duke, he could do damage in the league now if he was allowed to do so.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
All I can say is look at the stat sheet, completions vs throws, deep throws short etc. TD to INT ratio. Tua is as good a college QB as there has been in my lifetime, and I am pretty old. How it translates to NFL only timewill tell. His ability to read a defense and make fast decisions is superior to 95% of the QB's who played in the last 40 yrs. Tebow was good college QB like Mansiel and neither could touch Tua. OH and he has 1 title and working towards 2 and may get 3.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
This dude is beyond ridiculous - which was probably his goal. Tebow only wishes he could make some of the throws Tua has made this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.