Question: Sure is quiet out there before game (MSU vs Bama)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm betting on a hangover game. Saban seems to be doing the same. Gonna be big for the crowd to get in there and give the players some juice.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is the game where every year folks say the game will be close because of how hard we play against LSU and then we struggle with MSU. The recent scores over the years with the exception of last year... hasn't been close, even through it felt like it at time. I think we will have folks talking about Auburn game next week if Alabama and Auburn wins tomorrow.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think the team poured a lot into last week, which will be tough to replicate tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
To me, Fridays always feel a bit slow. People are traveling the game, pretty much everything has been discussed and of course SNASS.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
This is the game where every year folks say the game will be close because of how hard we play against LSU and then we struggle with MSU. The recent scores over the years with the exception of last year... hasn't been close, even through it felt like it at time. I think we will have folks talking about Auburn game next week if Alabama and Auburn wins tomorrow.
Yeah, last year was too close for comfort. I rewatched it on one of ESPN's rebroadcast. Even though I knew we won, I was still having fits. MSU ran the ball with ease on us, even in the second half.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Yeah, last year was too close for comfort. I rewatched it on one of ESPN's rebroadcast. Even though I knew we won, I was still having fits. MSU ran the ball with ease on us, even in the second half.
Yeah, I was shocked at that, but I think it will be harder this time around...... Quinnen Williams will be ready

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I honestly think our team overlooked them. Plus the defensive injuries almost cost us and did cost us against Auburn. I think we're much healthier and focused now.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
ND and FSU. ND starting qb is out for the game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
So, no, there are no other big national games of interest.

Aub-UGA or Clemson-BC maybe, although BC is really just another NC State-caliber team with an inflated ranking.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
ND-FSU is interesting just because of the uniforms. And, with ND's QB being out, I give FSU a fighting chance - IF - they're willing to fight. They seem to have quit.

AUB-UGA is interesting because it's one of the SEC's most important rivalry games. Plus it's a chance to be happy no matter which team loses. But that means it's a chance to be upset no matter which team wins. Proverbial "earthquake opens up a hole and swallows both teams" game.

Clemson-BC is.. something. Folks are drumming it up but I see a blowout win for Clemson.

Ohio State-Michigan State is interesting because we'll see if OSU has gotten over whatever bug has infected the team and if they'll keep pace with Michigan for the division title.

Keep an eye on LSU-Arkansas. If we're due a letdown, LSU really is. But Arkansas does suck.

As for us, I'm looking for an energetic crowd to welcome home the team after about a month on the road. I believe they'll be pumped up and ready to roll.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
ND-FSU is interesting just because of the uniforms. And, with ND's QB being out, I give FSU a fighting chance - IF - they're willing to fight. They seem to have quit.

AUB-UGA is interesting because it's one of the SEC's most important rivalry games. Plus it's a chance to be happy no matter which team loses. But that means it's a chance to be upset no matter which team wins. Proverbial "earthquake opens up a hole and swallows both teams" game.

Clemson-BC is.. something. Folks are drumming it up but I see a blowout win for Clemson.

Ohio State-Michigan State is interesting because we'll see if OSU has gotten over whatever bug has infected the team and if they'll keep pace with Michigan for the division title.

Keep an eye on LSU-Arkansas. If we're due a letdown, LSU really is. But Arkansas does suck.

As for us, I'm looking for an energetic crowd to welcome home the team after about a month on the road. I believe they'll be pumped up and ready to roll.
If they can, I think UGA will be trying to beat the brakes off of the barn after last year.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Last year we lost SDH, the captain and play caller on defense, during the lsu game. We had a week to prep Holcombe and Moses to play alongside Evans, who was not the primary play caller. The good news going into this game is that the defense did not lose a key cog from the last game and we are playing at home and not in cowbell country. Now, I do believe tomorrow will be a little bit of an lsu hangover due to the enormity and hype over it, but I believe, as others have mentioned, it may be a little more like 2015. At least that is what I am hoping.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I am so hoping the players are focused and Bryant Denny is going bananas. It's the first home game in nearly a month. Also I want to see Tua make some Heisman moment type plays if he is truly worthy against State's defense.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I am so hoping the players are focused and Bryant Denny is going bananas. It's the first home game in nearly a month. Also I want to see Tua make some Heisman moment type plays if he is truly worthy against State's defense.
Well, it aint gonna be raining or 100°, so there no crowd excuses this game. Wish i was going.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.