Movie Trailer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My main issue with the Dark Tower trailer is that there seems to be no mystery. The gunslinger novel you are always wondering what everything is, and when you think it's going to be revealed you are more lost than what you started out. I think they are trying to start book 3 or 4, but I think this is another example of showing too much IMO

Fwiw I believe that the Dark Tower would've been better for HBO than the big screen. I think the story is too complex to do under 5-6 movies. I just don't know if the interest will stay after their first meh rating.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not sure if anyone here is into surfing to know this one - or it's significance in chronicling the emergence of pro surfing by way of the Aussie (as well as South African) surfing invasion of Hawaii. This all happened in the prime of my surfing days - before the Internet - but we lived it....through the two main international monthly surf mags ('Surfer' and 'Surfing') as well as the occasion surf movie that hit town plus the occasional surf contest that was televised. It was real and it was exciting. The Hawaiians didn't like being disrespected by the cocky Aussies, which was like an underlying current running through the whole story. Narration by Edward Norton....just a very special surf movie if you lived through those times and can relate....

my friends and I would get out parents to take us to crappy hotels on the Ft Lauderdale Strip to sit in a "ballroom" full of 99% other guys to go "whoa" in sync with one another watching the occasional surf movie that would come through town. Some of those movies were fantastic, but this is a little before my time

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
They have had this in the works for quite some time, a several episode mini series for HBO about the Eighth Air Force and the battle over Europe. Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg have a hand in developing the project....
I am looking forward to watching this.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
They have had this in the works for quite some time, a several episode mini series for HBO about the Eighth Air Force and the battle over Europe. Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg have a hand in developing the project....
I am looking forward to watching this.
That trailer was put up in 2013. Pretty wild that it's taken that long.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Luc Besson's stuff is usually very visually interesting so I'm curious to see what the reviews are like on this one. May end up seeing it anyway just for some of the effects. Professional and Fifth Element are pretty high on my all time movie lists.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It is what I feared.... another Alamo piece in which the real truth will probably not come out. Dunkirk is basically the british Alamo in that they over exaggerated a loss in battle to unite thru propaganda. I was hoping that they might shed some truth, but it doesn't look like it.

Its a great trailer but I think I'm going to skip it.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Looks like it could be interesting. Really like the air traffic controller guy from Halt and Catch Fire (a great show if you have any interest in computer technology).

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

My parents are interested in this but I'm not sold on it yet. Might be a rental.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Luc Besson's stuff is usually very visually interesting so I'm curious to see what the reviews are like on this one. May end up seeing it anyway just for some of the effects. Professional and Fifth Element are pretty high on my all time movie lists.
They may be high on your list but they are also long in this filmmaker's rearview - he hasn't directed anything approaching the prestige of those 2 titles in 20 years. Will wait for the reviews on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.