Heisman presentation: Mark Ingram wins the Heisman Trophy!!!

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I have finished my cruise through the message boards and the vast majority of them are jumping off cliffs, bridges and tall buildings because Alabama now has a Heisman winner. I think I heard Gary and Vern stuttering in the background, Gary "I guess we can't use that Alabama hasn't won a Heisman line next year". Vern "I can they think I'm an idiot anyway". :)

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Re: Heisman presentation

You got it. It has already started on MSN. Some are saying it's a fix, he is the 3rd most deserving, said the voters were trying to make history by making him the first winner from Alabama, and how he was even benched in the Auburn game b/c he wasn't the best RB on his own team.

These are comments being made on MSN right now. Crazy.

Congrats Mark. You deserve it!

Who cares, stop going over there and even validating their crap by arguing with them. We are Alabama and it's time we stop paying attention to what others say.

RTRFanatic

All-SEC
Aug 8, 2009
I have finished my cruise through the message boards and the vast majority of them are jumping off cliffs, bridges and tall buildings because Alabama now has a Heisman winner. I think I heard Gary and Vern stuttering in the background, Gary "I guess we can't use that Alabama hasn't won a Heisman line next year". Vern "I can they think I'm an idiot anyway". :)
One of the first things my brother said was "Guess Aflac is going to have to find a new trivia question..."

I have already witnessed a few Auburn fans "jumping off cliffs" on Facebook. Their mission: failed. :tongue:

I'm just so proud of Ingram for staying so humble. :smile:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Who cares, stop going over there and even validating their crap by arguing with them. We are Alabama and it's time we stop paying attention to what others say.
Sorry about the post and getting ill. No need to argue with haters.

Last edited:

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL

Well said. The more successful we are, the more detractors we will have.

Let em' hate- while we DOMINATE:BigA:

Congratulations Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one, want to thank you Mark, the team, the coaches, and everyone involved for giving us an SEC Championship, a chance to play for the National Championship, and now for our first ever Heisman Trophy. We have one more goal to accomplish before this season can be called a success. Lets keep our heads grounded, our emotions in check, and bring back the coveted crystal trophy we so desparately long for.

Also, I want to congratulate all the other finalists, whom were also deserving as well.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA

You got it. It has already started on MSN. Some are saying it's a fix, he is the 3rd most deserving, said the voters were trying to make history by making him the first winner from Alabama, and how he was even benched in the Auburn game b/c he wasn't the best RB on his own team.

These are comments being made on MSN right now. Crazy.

Congrats Mark. You deserve it!
Im sure smart voters considered that Mark wasnt the main ball carrier on the team. Richardson, Upchurch, and others all had carries. He also missed a part of a game with a bruised knee, and Sban sat him at half time of a game or two rather than running up stats.

Gerhart didnt play against the big defenses in the country. They take that into account.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Im sure smart voters considered that Mark wasnt the main ball carrier on the team. Richardson, Upchurch, and others all had carries. He also missed a part of a game with a bruised knee, and Sban sat him at half time of a game or two rather than running up stats.

Gerhart didnt play against the big defenses in the country. They take that into account.
To be honest, I had never heard of Gerhart up until 3 weeks ago. I don't watch much college football outside of the SEC for some reason.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas

Arguing with them? I don't post on there, and I sure ain't going to argue with someone over an award they think is fixed. I can go over and read their stupid comments if I want to.
Yes you can. But it's kind of a given the kind of crap they will be spewing. If you've got some more brain cells to burn check out the Tidesports forum. Those idiots are usually out over there as well.

Bamaman-n-KS

3rd Team
May 28, 2009
Mosul, Iraq
First, congrats to Mark. Way to go.
Second, congrats to the O line and the coaching staff for getting him to NY and a trophy in his hand.

Congrats again, now it's time to prepare to remind the Rose Bowl commitee why they kicked the Southern Conference out of the Rose Bowl selection and extend Mark's validation for the Heisman.
4-1-1 in pasedena and a better D than Neb. I feel really good about about Jan! ROLL TIDE ROLL.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I'm still shocked he won. I've gotten so used to all things Alabama being snubbed, looked down on, and falling short for so long, it's hard to believe Mark won the flippin' Heisman trophy.

Wow! That's just awesome!

Congratulations to Mark, his family, the team and the coaches. It truly was a team effort.

Well done!

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

To be honest, I had never heard of Gerhart up until 3 weeks ago. I don't watch much college football outside of the SEC for some reason.
Or Suh either for that matter.
I think it says something for leading the contenders in Ingram & Gerhart and Suh to a lesser degree, that none were on any preseason Heisman lists. Being on an undefeated team probably made the difference in the minds of most voters not to mention, that Ingrams stats YAC were impressive against some top SEC defenses and a pretty good VaTech team.

No disrespect to Gerhart, but his stats against bad ND & U$C teams, and weak Pac10 defenses seem to carry more weight than they should have.
Suh had an uphill climb being a defensive player anyway. Not to mention if you're going to have a defensive player win it, why Rolando McClain doesn't get on the list.
This will be argued probably for years to come who thought who was more deserving, (and any of the five there would have been great picks) but regardless it shouldn't lessen the accomplishments Mark Ingram and this Alabama team as a whole have done. Its still the Heisman, and it does matter.
Congrats to Mark, to our Alabama Crimson Tide football team, and Coach Saban! Thank you for representing your university with class and humility. Now get ready to help bring home #13!:BigA:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.