Nick Fairly Arrested

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Second-degree marijuana possession is a misdemeanor in Alabama. If that makes him a thug than I guess Steve Jobs was really hardcore.
Agrees. I'm no fan of Fairly or marijuana, but I'd hardly call him a thug for being in possession of pot.

RTOTA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2012
Second-degree marijuana possession is a misdemeanor in Alabama. If that makes him a thug than I guess Steve Jobs was really hardcore.
no kidding, legality aside I don't think it's any worse than drinking beer and when you consider our past three presidents have smoked pot or worse I just don't think you can argue it's that big a deal. Not a fan of Fairly but I think it's important to be fair in how we characterize players and former players for marijuana arrests. Undisciplined and poor judgment - yes. Thug - definitely no

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Fairley and Suh are a perfect match. They will take thugery to new height in Motown.

Pot possession does not make him a thug though. His play on the field speaks for itself. The boogs have had much worse thugs on that team. The felonious 4 comes to mind.

Just a word of warning, Don't get to excited over another AU player legal problem. We've had our share as well.

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Fairley and Suh are a perfect match. They will take thugery to new height in Motown.

Pot possession does not make him a thug though. His play on the field speaks for itself. The boogs have had much worse thugs on that team. The felonious 4 comes to mind.

Just a word of warning, Don't get to excited over another AU player legal problem. We've had our share as well.
exactly. and we will have more in the future as well. Which is why i dont speak negative on things such as this even if it's Aubarn. as long as college football has 18-23 year old players, you will always have a few run in's with the law

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Until the law is changed...
Unlawful Possession of Marijuana is against the law
What any of us think, does not matter in a court of law.

I do not think that Nick Fairley is a 'Thug' for smoking weed,
I think he earned the title on the football field.

I don't make excuses for our players, and I'm not accepting excuses for players at other Universities... ALSO...
I don't care if you smoke MJ...
It's still against the law to possess Marijuana in the State of Alabama.
(Yep, I'm a retired LEO)

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I assumed (should never do that) everyone would know what I meant. Let me try this again: Fairly was a thug. In my world thugs and pot mix quite well. Thus my comment.

Not everyone who smokes pot is a thug but all thugs smoke pot -- or something like that.

acbl_phill

Scout Team
Aug 25, 2010
Birmingham
I don't think that he got caught with weed makes him a thug, just an idiot. He just got a $5 mil signing bonus so he can afford to hire someone to be his "bag man." He should have at least learned that at *U.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
When I was his age people were taking bets I would end up in prison, I had never smoked pot. One day an old man told me I need to chill out and take a hit of this. It forever changed my life, of course most of the time I forgot where I sat my coffee cup and I was more likely to get a ticket for driving too slow. But my anger mostly went away. I wouldn't suggest anyone else go that route though because it is illegal and you will go to jail if you get caught.

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
When I was his age people were taking bets I would end up in prison, I had never smoked pot. One day an old man told me I need to chill out and take a hit of this. It forever changed my life, of course most of the time I forgot where I sat my coffee cup and I was more likely to get a ticket for driving too slow. But my anger mostly went away. I wouldn't suggest anyone else go that route though because it is illegal and you will go to jail if you get caught.
If a pharmaceutical company invented THC, it would be hailed as a breakthrough for all kinds of mental/physical conditions like A.D.D, severe nausea and glaucoma. It would be a controlled substance but hailed as a miracle drug! Its positive and unique benefits would always keep it safe from getting banned from abuse. The stigma associated with Pot from years of misinformation will take several more generations to get over. Many see it as evil. It has been used as a medicine for thousands of years.

I tried it a couple of times when I was younger but it made me feel paranoid which is a common side effect for many from drugs that makes you introspective. I believe it can be a gauge of how comfortable you are in your own skin. The most sane/grounded people tend to not have the adverse side effects of Pot, but it's still too weak to physiologically damage someone from a deeply paranoid experience like LSD. Pushing someone over the cliff that is.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I know my barner brother has repeatedly commented on how fine a young man he was (off the field) during his time at the barn; I don't know him personally, but the others I know who do don't have anything bad to say about him personally, and they aren't all barners.
Having said that, his on-the-field behavior is dirty, plain and simple. Getting busted for a quarter ain't no biggie, but it doesn't make his life any easier, and that might be the beginning of the karma.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If a pharmaceutical company invented THC, it would be hailed as a breakthrough for all kinds of mental/physical conditions like A.D.D, severe nausea and glaucoma. It would be a controlled substance but hailed as a miracle drug! Its positive and unique benefits would always keep it safe from getting banned from abuse. The stigma associated with Pot from years of misinformation will take several more generations to get over. Many see it as evil. It has been used as a medicine for thousands of years.

I tried it a couple of times when I was younger but it made me feel paranoid which is a common side effect for many from drugs that makes you introspective. I believe it can be a gauge of how comfortable you are in your own skin. The most sane/grounded people tend to not have the adverse side effects of Pot, but it's still too weak to physiologically damage someone from a deeply paranoid experience like LSD. Pushing someone over the cliff that is.
Dang sure prevents seasickness....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.