“Dixieland Delight” Has Been Set Free

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I absolutely agree that Dixieland Delight should come back, but good luck getting the student section to not sing it with the inappropriate parts added in. Should be interesting to see on Saturday night.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe it was gone long enough that the new students won't mess it up.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Lol. Nah. They all know the add-ins.

Can’t see it lasting past this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am glad they are bringing it back because it is always fun to sing along with, but they probably should have waited until an entire cadre of students had never sung the add-ins first. OTOH there could be a lot of pressure within the Greeks to keep it clean, so maybe there is a very slim chance. But then there is the rest of the student section too. The original add ins were pretty tame, it’s too bad someone went and added vulgarity to them.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I have ZERO faith in the student body as a whole to do what is asked. Some bunch of drunk idiots will ruin it for the entire stadium. Most will do it right, and it’s awesome when the whole crowd gets to rocking with it, but you have a small vociferous group that is going to put in the vulgarities and it’ll be gone for good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Let’s see...

Night game.

Homecoming.

Yeah, students will be well prepared to be loud in their singing of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I am glad they are bringing it back because it is always fun to sing along with, but they probably should have waited until an entire cadre of students had never sung the add-ins first. OTOH there could be a lot of pressure within the Greeks to keep it clean, so maybe there is a very slim chance. But then there is the rest of the student section too. The original add ins were pretty tame, it’s too bad someone went and added vulgarity to them.
Having been one in my youth, I can tell you that drunk fraternity boys don’t pay much attention to anything an adult asks of them.

Dixieland Delight will be there Saturday, then not again for a long time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.