Do We have our man?

Johnwants#15

1st Team
Nov 30, 2005
Source?
Basis?
Gut feeling?
Speak please,
This would be a wet dream for me, but I will believe it when the visor is laid on the podium in the Bryant Conference center.
So please tell me you have reliable info.

XXL TideFan

Suspended
Dec 7, 2002
I can't say who told me. But my source has not been wrong yet. Mark it down, Spurrier didn't want it announced until Tuesday so that his players could enjoy their win over Clemson.

Houndstooth visors will be the rage next year.

Last edited:

Johnwants#15

1st Team
Nov 30, 2005
Ok, since it is that holiday season, like my son says about his christmas presents "gimme a hint" about your source.
How are they related to the program?
I understand having to keep a confidence but give us some idea of the validity and how close they are to the program.
I am not picking at you I want to believe you and am looking for some confirm.

XXL TideFan

Suspended
Dec 7, 2002
Always remember that an info is by nature second hand. This comes from someone that is a lawyer closely tied to the program.

Could prove to be bad info, but he was spot on about everything since before fRan was hired.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My information continues to be that Spurrier showed no interest in the job. I'd like to turn out to be wrong, but I don't think I will.

Johnwants#15

1st Team
Nov 30, 2005
Tide HSV,
Do you feel like anyone has a good handle on this sit. or is the UA Athl. Dept flyin' by the seat of it's pants again?
Do you see this being smooth or could a potential disaster and PR nightmare be on the horizon?

Rolltide90

Banned
Aug 20, 2006
Those coordinators at UTexas are hot commodities. I wouldn't be suprised to see one of them get the job. That being said, that opens up some serious recruiting ground. Davis, the OC has HC experience and has coached at Ark, Tulane, UGA and UNC.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think the odds are that Saban stays in the NFL. Among other things, he's friends with Don Shula. I'd love to see him on our sideline, however...

dougietide

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 16, 2006
Yeah, the Saban deal seems to be a very long shot. I'd read several months ago in an article (and I don't remember where) that Saban didn't seem happy in the NFL. It true, that could've been due to the team's lack of success under him. But, with Miami being closer to locking down a playoff bid, things may be feeling a little better in Saban's mind.

Here's my bottom line as a life-long Bama fan: Whoever comes in, my biggest qualification I'd have if I were in a position to have a say, would be the guy HAS TO BE A DISCIPLINARIAN. I believe this was one of the greatest qualities of Bear Bryant. He wasn't afraid to discipline. This University hasn't seen a very disciplined team in many years. I believe sound discipline leads to loads of success for any coach. JMHO!

Alakablamo

1st Team
Nov 24, 2001
Upstate, SC
I'd read several months ago in an article (and I don't remember where) that Saban didn't seem happy in the NFL.
I don't think Saban is capable of being "happy" anywhere. :p The man is in a continual state of being PO'd.

Spurrier makes no sense to me either. He hates Alabama, he intentionally left UF because of the ridiculous expectations that he created there, and he took the Carolina job because nobody expects the Gamecocks to be a perennial powerhouse. For him to jump in the pressure cooker just doesn't jive.

Mr. Extreme

Scout Team
Sep 20, 2005
Arab, Alabama
No matter what Mal has said I think it has been ongoing for weeks, I think we should know something soon and sooner the better as long as they hire the best possible coach out there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.