New Coach? How many wins proves...

NOSty

Suspended
Nov 23, 2002
Houston, Texas
it was a good change?

Since Shula is the "problem", then a simple thing as a coaching change should net an SEC Championship and shot at the BCS Title next year, right?

Hey, anybody see Weiss get his hat handed to him by Pete Carroll?\

I hereby nominate Pete Carroll as the next head of UA football!

RolltideFanz

All-American
Sep 26, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I don't give a fig about winning a NC right now. Or an SEC when it comes right down to it, though that would be nice.

I want to beat the teams we're supposed to, win some we ain't supposed to, and beat the Barn.

That's all I want. Isn't that what we as UA fans should want? :BigA:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Nothing less than 10 next year. We are loaded. If a coach comes in with a staff he communicates well with, we should be one of the teams to contend for no less than the SEC.

:BigA:

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Nothing less than 10 next year. We are loaded. If a coach comes in with a staff he communicates well with, we should be one of the teams to contend for no less than the SEC.

You're going to scare the hell out of our new coach .

What ??? Loaded ?????

We have no DL , paper thin at LB & S . Add to that , new schemes and philosophies and there is no way that anyone could win 10 games next season .

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:BigA:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
If the defense is as good as it has been we have all the tools back for a better than average offense plus our big games are at home.

I expected no less from Shula

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The main goal is to win those games we are supposed to win. That includes winning CONVINCINGLY against lesser OOC teams. We must be in the game for the entire 60 minutes of play. We must make the necessary adjustments at halftime. We absolutely must not be embarrassed by other SEC teams, such as MSU. I don't expect to win the SEC next year, but I do expect gradual and constant improvement throughout the season, and in future years. I will expect us to compete for the SEC in the next couple years, and once again to compete in BCS bowls shortly thereafter.
We need to get back the respect we've lost over the past few years. I expect to get back to ALABAMA FOOTBALL!

paul02085

All-SEC
Sep 12, 2004
Loganville, Ga.
I really and truely dont care how many wins next year. I want to see a team that:
Is hungry to win
is in top physical condition
doesnt dare question its coach
doesnt act like big tuff guys after tackling a runner 10yds downfield.

I want to see a coach that:
has the respect of his players.
inspires his team to play their guts out for 60 minutes.
shows both in action and deed that he is a winner.

In other words i guess i am saying i just want to see a real Alabama team because if i do then the how many wins question will take care of itself.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
During the CBS College Halftime show this weekend with Brando, Spencer and Archie Manning they all three agreed that Alabama "talent wise" was ready to go for anyone replacing Mike Shula.

Say what you want about Archie and his boys. The guy knows football and when he says a team has talent then odds are he's right. He's forgotten more football than most of us know. I can't wait to see what our new coach will do with the talent we have on offense.

TRUTIDE

All-SEC
Oct 14, 1999
Spanish Fort, AL
it was a good change?

Since Shula is the "problem", then a simple thing as a coaching change should net an SEC Championship and shot at the BCS Title next year, right?

This team should be on pace for a 10 win season next year. That is with Shula or w/o him.

If the new coach can't win 10 then we just fire him an get another one. We can just keep swapping coaches and let finebomb handle recruiting. He has the schools best interest in mind.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
During the CBS College Halftime show this weekend with Brando, Spencer and Archie Manning they all three agreed that Alabama "talent wise" was ready to go for anyone replacing Mike Shula.

Say what you want about Archie and his boys. The guy knows football and when he says a team has talent then odds are he's right. He's forgotten more football than most of us know. I can't wait to see what our new coach will do with the talent we have on offense.
We should win the west next year and play in Atlanta. There will be no excuse other than a coach that can't get it done. All I've heard for three years is 07 is the year. We have enough numbers in the trenches finally, a QB with experience, receivers, running-backs......we will probably loose less seniors than any team in the SEC.

Mr. Extreme

Scout Team
Sep 20, 2005
Arab, Alabama
If a top tier coach is hired he should be able to win 9 to 10 games next season and when JPW is a senior we should be playing again for the SEC Cahmpionship.

alextupelo

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2006
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
we will lose 4 contributing seniors on offense, 8 on defense, and one on special teams for a totaly of 13 seniors leaving the team at the end of the year.

We return most of our skill positions players and most of our running backs saw some maybe not as much playing time as we had hoped during the season.

We do have the talent, the question all really resides on who the coach is and what system he brings in and what staff changes he makes.

heres the depth chart in case i miscounted. http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=8000&ATCLID=240274

dabaxter

1st Team
Nov 15, 2004
it was a good change?

I can assure you, it won't take Paul Johnson long to get Bama to the SEC Championship Game, 2nd season worst case.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.