More Trash Tees from Notre Dame

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I was talking to my Dad the other day about how I really didn't 'Hate' ND like a lot of fans(including himself) that had to experience those heartbreaking games in the 70's.

But after seeing those classless shirts they made I do 'Hate' them now. They made my blood boil to be honest and I hope all the players on our team have seen them.

Originally going into this matchup I was hoping for a clean epic matchup between two of the all-time great schools in college football.

Now....I want to crush them, humiliate them, make them wish that Pitt kicker had made that FG.

I hope we beat them 49-0 and humble them so badly that their heads are hanging on the sidelines by halftime.

They have now made this game personal. Get ready ND...because the "Cousins" and the "Mobile Homers" are about to take you to the woodshed on a National stage and show the world what a fraudulent #1 team you are!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
HSV, which law school in Indiana? ND ranks 22nd (I have a vested interest in this ranking). Bama is around 29. No real difference here (besides tuition), but just an observation.
I'll take another look. I remember being puzzled, as the school in general ranked much higher. I'll up you one though - my masters of law is from NYU . Look it up... :D

taddy

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 25, 2012
Not that it matters much but I don't particularly care for the shirts either. A little trash talk about teams is one thing but when fan bases are stereotyped and cast in a light that is wrong, it's just, well, wrong.

I will admit that I didn't seem to have to much problem with the Catholics vs. Convicts shirts in '88. I didn't buy one but I did see some humor. They were some trash talking son-of-a-guns. My bad. :p_red:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
On one hand, you could say you're lowering yourself to those old Miami teams with the convicts tees...but come on, they were probably saying worse.

The tees from both sides for this matchup just seems to be petty and lowering what should a be a more dignified rivalry. We're only the two best historical powers of all-time...no use to toss mud around.

Last edited:

athlete37

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2012
I saw someone mention bad blood and fights in a previous Tide-Irish matchup... I was actually looking forward to tailgating with Bama fans and I was under the illusion that the fanbase was friendly like Nebraska and ours. Do you all think that there will still be "bad blood" enough not to have fun before the game?

athlete37

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2012
FTR, I don't approve of any of the t-shirts on either side (besides the better good than lucky-- clever and not offensive)

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
I saw someone mention bad blood and fights in a previous Tide-Irish matchup... I was actually looking forward to tailgating with Bama fans and I was under the illusion that the fanbase was friendly like Nebraska and ours. Do you all think that there will still be "bad blood" enough not to have fun before the game?
You will still have loads of fun and most people will be cool. But I'm afraid that there may be a ND contingency that drag up the "mobile home / cousins" stereotypes.

I've attended many Bama games over the years. Saw the worst fan behavior when we were playing Notre Dame (in Bham) and UCLA (in Cali). Saw the best when we were playing Penn State and Oklahoma.

athlete37

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2012
You will still have loads of fun and most people will be cool. But I'm afraid that there may be a ND contingency that drag up the "mobile home / cousins" stereotypes.

I've attended many Bama games over the years. Saw the worst fan behavior when we were playing Notre Dame (in Bham) and UCLA (in Cali). Saw the best when we were playing Penn State and Oklahoma.
I've actually heard horrible things about Penn State fans. I hope you're wrong about your fear- sheer ignorance to think that stereotype is anything close to true. In my four years at ND, I never saw an opposing fan treated bad and I've never seen one denied of a beer either. Maybe the road crew is different though, as the road games I've gone to I've spent with friends from the opposing school.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I grew up in Illinois (1 hour from Indiana) and I can tell you first hand they have just as many mobile homes as Alabama. I don't understand why anyone thinks their state is exempt from having mobile homes. And so what if someone lives in one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.