Mercedes-Benz Stadium "Fan First Menu Pricing"

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I bet they find that the concessions revenues will end up equaling or exceeding those from other venues. Most people spend more when they think they are getting a good deal.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I bet they find that the concessions revenues will end up equaling or exceeding those from other venues. Most people spend more when they think they are getting a good deal.
Bingo.

Ticket prices went up a little, but people will be willing to pay that knowing they aren't paying as much for concessions.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'd rather pay 150 up front than pay 100 and feel like the venue is hustling me for the other 50 the entire time.

Even if I end up spending 15-20 bucks on concessions for the two in this system, it just feels less antagonistic.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Was at the Dome for the Washington game. It was rainy and chilly. We decided to just eat concessions in the Dome. A bad and costly decision. We ate the equivalent of lunch there, and would have had dinner, but it was far too pricey, especially for the quality. Huzzah for whomever made this decision. Hope it starts a trend.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Bingo.

Ticket prices went up a little, but people will be willing to pay that knowing they aren't paying as much for concessions.
If I ran a team I'd have free parking in team owned lots and tack an extra couple bucks on every ticket to pay for it. That way nobody notices they "paid" to park, even if they don't own a car. Plus everyone who did drive and parked in my lot has an extra $10-$12 in cash in hand to spend inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I remember going to Jerry's World in 2012 to watch us curb stomp Meeechigan. After paying for the tickets, parking and the little concessions I got. I felt like I was taken into the boiler room in Shaw Shank and violated by the Sisterhood.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
To add some more, I think Blank is on the leading edge of a change in how this whole game day experience works at major athletic events. There is so much live sports out there on television and nobody wants to feel like they're being hustled by going to the see the game in person. I think ticket prices will get pricier but still manageable for many people but the in-stadium experience will be far more hospitable.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
The Augusta National has been low balling food prices at the Master's Golf Tournament forever. You can eat lunch including drink for $3 or $4 and on top of that the food is good. It really adds to the perception of the Master"s being a very classy event.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
If hot dogs were about $4 at the Dome and are now $2 at the new stadium, how many would you need to eat to make up the $50 increase in the ticket price?
This and the PSL, just to have the "rights" to but your Falcons season tickets, are the reasons he is the billionaire.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
If hot dogs were about $4 at the Dome and are now $2 at the new stadium, how many would you need to eat to make up the $50 increase in the ticket price?
This and the PSL, just to have the "rights" to but your Falcons season tickets, are the reasons he is the billionaire.
He spent a Billion dollars on the Eye bowl and tore down a perfectly good dome. He is really raping the fans over the PSL. I would hate it for Falcon fans if they hit the bottom this year after last years performace. But it would not bother me one bit if Blank took it in shorts.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
He spent a Billion dollars on the Eye bowl and tore down a perfectly good dome. He is really raping the fans over the PSL. I would hate it for Falcon fans if they hit the bottom this year after last years performace. But it would not bother me one bit if Blank took it in shorts.
If the history of the NFC South is consistent and they do not repeat, ticket sales will tank again.
They are coming off a Super Bowl appearance (although an historic one for the wrong reasons) and opening a new stadium and they have still not sold out all their season tickets. That is NOT good. I used to be a season ticket holder and Blank is the reason I am no longer one.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Yes! When I go to a local football game I buy at least three bags of popcorn during the game. At the college I buy one, if any. The same with hotdogs. The high school is making less profit but more money. Or as the manager of a local restaurant told me, "I am making money of coffee now." He lowered his price on coffee from $2.89 to 1.29. "I was lucky to sell ten cups a day. Now I sell well over a hundred.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.