I think it is time for me to move on.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
i have already moved on from that. gone on a few dates (nothing great). i am done with her.
We must here more...

I want details:

Where did you go.
What did they look like.
What moves did you attempt.
How far did you get (ie 1st base, 2nd base, bunt, strikeout, etc.)
When did they let you know they weren't interested anymore
Etc.

Action!

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
True story. Driving from Bham on the interstate with my youngest daughter. She asks if she can go lay on the bed. Sweet little voice from the back says "daddy there are mirrors everywhere back here"
By youngest do you mean 18 or older? :cool2:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Hey, all is fair game here except my momma and my daughters.:)
Talk about anyone in my immediate, distant, or not related family...no one on this site or anywhere else on the internet matters enough to me personally to offend me....:wink:

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
True story. Driving from Bham on the interstate with my youngest daughter. She asks if she can go lay on the bed. Sweet little voice from the back says "daddy there are mirrors everywhere back here"
This is like a freaking softball.

Suuure, it was your daughter. Sure it was.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
i won't tell you that but i will say i should amke at least 10k more/year than i do.
If that is the case, go find a job that offers you that much. But, I wouldn't be unhappy because you think you should get paid more. Really, it doesn't matter how much you should be paid if no one is willing to pay you that much to be there.
Take a long lunch and go take some experienced architects or whatever to lunch. Tell them that you are looking for a greater challenge, or whatever. Ask for their advice.
whatever you do, don't remain discontent, and waste your time just browsing monster.com or other mass-job-postings site. Either go out and get it done, or be content where you are. Perhaps even both.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If that is the case, go find a job that offers you that much. But, I wouldn't be unhappy because you think you should get paid more. Really, it doesn't matter how much you should be paid if no one is willing to pay you that much to be there.
Take a long lunch and go take some experienced architects or whatever to lunch. Tell them that you are looking for a greater challenge, or whatever. Ask for their advice.
whatever you do, don't remain discontent, and waste your time just browsing monster.com or other mass-job-postings site. Either go out and get it done, or be content where you are. Perhaps even both.
I know for a fact I can make more elsewhere (I have tons of friends in this business and I know how much they make). Hell before I got laid off I did make more than this. I took this job because it was better than the alternative at the time which was unemployment. FYI monster is sux. It cannot help finding a job. I found this one by contacting one of the partners and sending mu resume to them personally.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I know for a fact I can make more elsewhere (I have tons of friends in this business and I know how much they make). Hell before I got laid off I did make more than this. I took this job because it was better than the alternative at the time which was unemployment. FYI monster is sux. It cannot help finding a job. I found this one by contacting one of the partners and sending mu resume to them personally.
Yeah, I've never heard of a job website being of much use.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
The times I've found a professional job (as opposed to, say, a summer job during college) was not through a behemoth job search website like Monster, etc., but rather smaller professional association sites. One I found on the national association's website, the other (current one) I found on the Georgia state chapter's website. I always ended up sending a resume straight to them anyway ("interested parties send resume to abc@abccompany.org" or whatever). Whenever I did go for one of those behemoth websites, I'd end up getting announcements for completely unrelated jobs.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
anyway......................

I got to update my resume.
Sorry ex. When I saw the thread title I thought "Uh oh..here we go again." :)

You are feeling what most of us probably all feel at one time or another especially if we are working for someone else. I have felt that way many times but when I go on interviews and get job offers, more often than not I'm told I make too much - or in one case I had a co. that seemed very interested in me. We got to the third interview and we got to talking salary. I told them what my expectations were (my current salary at the time plus 10%) and I never heard from them again.

I've been in the working world probably a little longer than you. I hit a "plateau" around ten years ago and even though I have taken on more, my pay has remained stagnant. I make a bonus and have some other perks which add up, but perks only go so far. Quality of life and being able to maintain a work/personal balance makes a difference to me at this point. I am fairly comfortable and pleased at this point and wait I gotta go here comes my boss. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.