ESPN Gushing over Notre Dame

jaakRTR

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
Lexington Alabama
I really felt like they were campaining for T'eo (spelling?) for the Heisman after the game too. I actually mentioned after he intercepted that pass in the game, that he will be the media's front runner now.
The media love don't really bother me, I really think Bama or UGA (hopefully Bama) can beat them in the CG.

Jason

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
That's just fine! Hopefully, if we can get past the Gawga Dawgs, all that slobbering over ND will give us added incentive, as if we needed any. Hopefully, their #5 will win the Heisman so that will give us even more incentive to show that he really didn't deserve it. Joe Namath should have won it over John Huarte. Didn't Paul Hornung win it at Noter D. when they won 2 games the season he won it. Now he was a pretty good football player, but what did he do to win it? They've always been the media darlings. That's why I dislike them soooo much!:BigA:
Exactly! We get past the dawgs and it is on! I'm sure Saban and Co. know how much beating ND means not just a BCSNC but the history as well! Add that to the fact that the media will be on this ND love fest untill the BCSNCG Bama will feel disrespected...not to mention giving Saban and Co. a month to prepare. Ask LSU,Texas,and Michigan State how well that worked for them.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Tonight we all saw USCw not win the game.
It was theirs for the taking. CLK didn't coach a great game.
We saw USCw with their 2nd string QB...
IMO: Alabama or Georgia should beat ND.
USCw gave up on their running game and lost the game.

Phil4Bama

Nov 25, 2007
It's not just you. The gushing is sickening and will continue non-stop for the next 45 days. Don't know how old you are, but anyone under about 30 years old has no idea how awful the national media are when Notre Dame is good. You're all about to learn . . .
Amen. It was nice while it lasted but welcome to the new era of Notre Dame: All World.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
Amen. When Holtz was there it was sickening. ESPN is like giddy little school girls now that the Irish are back in the picture. I wonder why they always seem to be that way over certain schools? (i.e. Ohio St., Michigan)

They definitely have their leanings. Why did they televise virtually every single Penn St. game this year? Would they do the same for an SEC school, had the university brought its conference under similar embarrassment?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
It's all good. We've had plenty of sunshine cast upon us over the last few years. The media was on the "LSU is alltime best" last year. How'd that end up? To me it's kind of a relief to not have all the noise and clutter of "Bama could beat some NFL teams" sorrounding us.

The Domers are done. They get to sit idlely by and wait to see who they're gonna play without the extra conference game. Let's just get to work, win the SEC-CG and move on from there.

RTR!!!

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
ND has just not been relevant for a lot of years...... They are now and proved it by going through a fairly tough schedule albeit nothing like the SEC as a whole.... They deserve a little chatter and will get more than any other team...... Don`t really like it, but it is what it is..... Instead of dwelling on that, I think I`ll just hope that we can find a blitz package that will work against Murray and company other than any press favoritism of a ND team.... Our team, The Crimson Tide will have to earn a trip to meet them...... I believe when The Crimson Tide does earn it, it will be the most talked about and watched Championship Game throughout the country since a whole lot of years..... We have to face the fact that ND is the darling of college football, and The Crimson Tide is already being talked about throughout this country as to backing into this game just like last year. Personally, I like that fact that we have everyone against us..... It just makes it a whole lot sweeter when we prove them wrong..... Roll Tide!!!!!!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If Bama beats Georgia, and I expect we will, then Bama will be a fairly heavy favorite to beat the Domers, despite all the media hype about Notre Dang.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
The only part I had a problem with was when musburger said something like "Notre Dame, National champions", as if the SEC champion they have to play does not matter at all. I can only imagine the gnashing of Catholic teeth come January 7th.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
They're undefeated, and playing for the title for the first time since the 80s. I can cut ESPN some slack.

Besides, ESPN has a win/win. They either get Alabama/Notre Dame, which is a battle of the all-time classic powers, or they get Georgia/Notre Dame, which is a rematch of the last time Georgia played for the Natty.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
ESPN has an amount of power that 20 years would have been shocking. Not only do they televise all the BSC Bowl Games, they have a bully pulpit to promote the teams that would bring the highest ratings. Everytime I hear people talk about how they are so glad so and so game is not on CBS or NBC anymore I just shake my head. I liked it much better when the Bowl games and conferences had the power and each network went all out to promote their "Big Game(s) with a parade in the morning." I believe ABC had two of them, the Rose and the Sugar. NBC had the Orange Bowl and later the Fiesta, CBS had the Cotton Bowl until Fox got it.

Of course ESPN will gush over the Irish, and Bama too, which would most probably break ratings records if it does end up the game. ND brings a huge following, with Bama the next best in the nation. It would be a bonanza.

Doesn't ESPN basically own the Birmingham Bowl game? The Sham Bowl.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
It's a good story. Espn sells stories. Stories sell. There's way more of them (from the North and the haters from everywhere else) than there are of us. Come January, the story will be over. RTR!!! :BigA:

ESPN has an amount of power that 20 years would have been shocking. Not only do they televise all the BSC Bowl Games, they have a bully pulpit to promote the teams that would bring the highest ratings. Everytime I hear people talk about how they are so glad so and so game is not on CBS or NBC anymore I just shake my head. I liked it much better when the Bowl games and conferences had the power and each network went all out to promote their "Big Game(s) with a parade in the morning." I believe ABC had two of them, the Rose and the Sugar. NBC had the Orange Bowl and later the Fiesta, CBS had the Cotton Bowl until Fox got it.

Of course ESPN will gush over the Irish, and Bama too, which would most probably break ratings records if it does end up the game. ND brings a huge following, with Bama the next best in the nation. It would be a bonanza.

Doesn't ESPN basically own the Birmingham Bowl game? The Sham Bowl.
ESPN owns a lot of the lesser bowls. They also now control the TV rights for the future playoffs as well.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
ESPN owns a lot of the lesser bowls. They also now control the TV rights for the future playoffs as well.
I strongly dislike 50% of the entire power in their hands. 50% the NCAA 50% ESPN, unhealthy and 100% profit minded. And the super confernces is partially fueled by the ESPN
monopoly in TV contracts.

At least we won't hear them clamoring for player payment any time soon. They will want to keep the NCAA as happy as they can allow themselves.:)

I strongly dislike 50% of the entire power in their hands. 50% the NCAA 50% ESPN, unhealthy and 100% profit minded. And the super confernces is partially fueled by the ESPN
monopoly in TV contracts.

At least we won't hear them clamoring for player payment any time soon. They will want to keep the NCAA as happy as they can allow themselves.:)
I wouldn't leave the schools/conferences out of that equation, granted they are the ones that make up the NCAA. They are just as complicit and equally want to profit, which I really don't have a problem with when you look at things. It could be like the basketball contract where the NCAA basically gets everything, and the schools get very little.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.