Game Thread: AUDub (Auburn) vs Bazza (Florida)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I'm thinking the University of Auburn in a pixie-dust-ball-bouncing-off-a-helmet-into-the-receiver's-hands-for-the-winning-score kind of win, though AUDUB and his folks wouldn't care how they get the W. Maybe 28-27.
Well, the new AD is the only one of the PTB that has not yet sold his soul to the devil (probably part of the reason he was hired), so it may be another one of THOSE seasons... :rolleyes:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I sure am pulling for Florida......

Imagine your family at the Holidays.......

Florida is like the really cool, young, and a bit trashy "aunt"
Auburn is like the creepy uncle that tells weird jokes and offers back rubs

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Florida may actually be a little better with Trask at QB, but I am not sure he can overcome the Auburn D. Auburn looks like us a few years ago on defense. Gus has figured out that he needs to have longer drives running the ball and that leads to better defense since they aren't worn out at the end of the game. The Mississippi State win was impressive, but then again state is state. I will not root for Auburn, but I think they are the better team in this situation.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
At Steve Spurrier Field in Gainesville, FL, both teams undefeated and ranked in the top 10, home field advantage in a close game, I'll take the Tigs 27-21.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am pulling for the Gators but I think Auburn will win (unfortunately).

Auburn seems to be having one of those seasons where weird things will happen to get them to the SEC championship game.

I do hope it works out somehow that even if Bama loses to either LSU or Auburn that we still make it to the SEC championship game.

Auburn is a good school for an education, especially in certain fields, but I will not cheer for Auburn to win a game unless it somehow helps BAMA. :)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I think the AU -3 line we're seeing is probably about right.

Florida is one of the great unknowns right now in the top 10. They're hard to gauge given who they've beaten. There's not a single P5 win among teams they've played so far. They could be either great or mediocre at season's end. We have nothing to go on.

Few things that are certainly known: they will be the best front 7 we've seen so far and will not give Bo the time he had against aTm and clanga. Bo is more familiar with his receivers and is getting better at hitting his spots, but he had a lot of time in the pocket to do so, a luxury he had the last few weeks he won't have against Florida. Our O line seems to have improved, so hopefully we can run the ball to set up the pass like we're used to doing, but at some point Bo may be asked to make a play.

Bo has proven to have the poise and skillset to be an effective QB in this league, but he's still only a freshman. Aside from the first half of Oregon, he hasn't looked like a freshman, but he's going to have a rough one sooner or later. The Swamp is as good a place as any. Probably the 2nd most hostile environment we'll face this year.

The UF O-line is probably their biggest weakness. Our front 7 should feast on the run game. We don't have much of a pass rush though, and I expect Mullen to call a game meant protect Trask, neutralize the rush and get it to his receivers on the edge in a hurry.

Speaking of receivers, this might be the best unit we see until Bama.

With the small sample size, I really have no clue how this is going to go down, but I think us being slightly favored is fair.

Last edited:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Pulling hard for the Gators vs the sorry, low down, stinking pile that is the Barn. No offense meant.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
My view: I was really impressed with Auburn the past couple of games. They look like the real deal right now...on both sides of the ball. If Bama had Auburn’s D it would be all over...game, set, match. I don’t see Florida in the same light (sorry Bazza). Auburn played well at aTm and handled the noise really well. The one thing negative about Auburn...after a certain point in the season people begin to figure out their offensive tendencies and make adjustments. Look for Florida to mix up their defensive looks and give Bo something to think about. Bo is a really good QB but he still has things to learn...just like Tua had to last year.

Simply put...if Florida can unnerve Bo they have a chance. However, if Auburn stays consistent on first down it could be a long day for Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm NOT pulling for West Gawga but I do believe they will win. This has all the feeling of one of those classic West Gawga years unfortunately

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I am going with the fighting Bazzas. I just got a feeling about this one.
I like the way you think, Design!

Speaking of Florida's defense.....I know "we haven't played anyone yet"...nevertheless....Florida is ranked #1 in the country in Total Defense, Red Zone Defense, and Interceptions. Ranked (tied for)#2 in Sacks...and Turnovers Gained. And ranked #5 in Scoring Defense.

I think having Trask at QB will continue to help us at D because the offense will stay on the field longer and stay more rested.

Again, Florida doesn't have the resume that Auburn does but I still think the stats above are impressive and say something.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/40

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Speaking of Florida's defense.....I know "we haven't played anyone yet"...nevertheless....Florida is ranked #1 in the country in Total Defense, Red Zone Defense, and Interceptions. Ranked (tied for)#2 in Sacks...and Turnovers Gained. And ranked #5 in Scoring Defense.

I think having Trask at QB will continue to help us at D because the offense will stay on the field longer and stay more rested.

Again, Florida doesn't have the resume that Auburn does but I still think the stats above are impressive and say something.

I feel like Florida’s defense is the key to the game. If they can shut down AU’s running game and rattle Nix in the swamp, they have a real chance.

That said, I think AU wins a close one.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

Did not know that about the Defense Bazza. I am looking forward to watching this game.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Is there any chance that a sinkhole opens .......JK! Pulling for the Gators in this one!

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Well this is a hard one if we base it on the classy posters Bazza and AuDub.

I’ll preface my choice by saying I believe I cheered for Auburn once, but I was young and under the influence. Never touched that stuff again....so Go Gators. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.