Will Bama be able to pressure Mond?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He rushed for 98 yds against us last year on 18 carries. That’s over 5 yds/carry and last year’s D was better than this years. Contain will be the biggest issue as I see it but he could also hurt us in the throw game—he completed half of his passes against us last year for 198 yds.
And last year's secondary was green...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Some of y'all are acting like Bama is facing Manziel again, LOL.

Yah, Mond will get some yards, but Saban will load up to stop the run and Mond won't beat Bama with his arm. Bama will win this one by several scores but there will be people complaining afterwards that Bama gave up 20-something points despite the fact Bama likely scores 40-somehing-plus...

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think the key is not letting Mond break outside containment. That’s where Plumlee made some real hay for Ole Miss.

Guessing Harris and Lee got some extra tutoring on that during the off week.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Some of y'all are acting like Bama is facing Manziel again, LOL.

Yah, Mond will get some yards, but Saban will load up to stop the run and Mond won't beat Bama with his arm. Bama will win this one by several scores but there will be people complaining afterwards that Bama gave up 20-something points despite the fact Bama likely scores 40-somehing-plus...
I aint ever gonna complain about a win...………...I just want some excellent tackling and a big win

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I'm not convinced they will even have that. Against Auburn they were flat footed the entire game until it was too late to matter.
I think once Tua hits one of the WRs for a long TD....the stadium deflates and they realize the rout is on.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
To me this is all for fun but, lol, only on here can you predict a two touchdown win—on the road—and you’re characterized as being negative. I’ve been saying since February that our ‘real’ season doesn’t start until November and I still feel that way, all that the majority seem to be saying in this case is that come Saturday we are probably in for a real struggle on D. Mond played well against last year and I expect him to do the same in this game.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
What about the Aggie receiving corps? Haven’t they dropped a lot of balls this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
To me this is all for fun but, lol, only on here can you predict a two touchdown win—on the road—and you’re characterized as being negative. I’ve been saying since February that our ‘real’ season doesn’t start until November and I still feel that way, all that the majority seem to be saying in this case is that come Saturday we are probably in for a real struggle on D. Mond played well against last year and I expect him to do the same in this game.
I guess part of my issue is I don't remember him playing well. Indeed, the stats show he completed less than 50% of his passes last year, had 1 TD pass, and 2 interceptions. He did have 98 yards rushing on 18 carries, but one of those carries was for about 50 yards and a td on a busted play. So he had some success, but absolutely nothing sustained. It was 45-16 entering the 4th quarter. And I remember Jimmy Bob getting cute and trying to score another garbage TD at the end when we had long since called off the dogs.

And the thing is, Texas A&M and Mond are worse than a year ago.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Now is the time for the rush to work well...... don’t need to give him time to breath
If I was the Defensive Coordinator, I'd chase Mund from beginning till the end.
Do that and he want have a chance to try to light us up.
(BTW: I'd do the same thing to Auburn. Nix doesn't handle pressure very well.)

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
We may see Byron Young starting at DE. If so, I wonder if this move has to do with pressuring Mond? This young freshman was touted as ready to play, and has been practicing on the first team along with D J Dale and Raekwon Davis. Eboigbe has been practicing on the second team.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Speed isnt as important as decision making in terms of "should I run or not".Mond last year made some good decisions of when or when not to run early, and it wasn't until we started to drop tds on them that he really started to make mistakes. Mond for two years has been hell on our defense. We have had better defenses the past two years than what we have now so its probably one of those games in which Mond exposes our youth and takes a few runs that extend drives.

I fully expect to win, and win big. But their final score will be higher than what most are comfortable with.

55-31 type game.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I checked their 40s and they're comparable, with Mond at 4.8 and Plumlee at 4.6, so both OK for a QB. Tua is at 4.9, but he doesn't run outside. Hurts is faster than any at 4.48 and he does run outside...
Mond has more to grab..... ;)

Plus, hopeful that the angles at 4.8 are different than 4.6.....especially for our rookie linebackers....

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I checked their 40s and they're comparable, with Mond at 4.8 and Plumlee at 4.6, so both OK for a QB. Tua is at 4.9, but he doesn't run outside. Hurts is faster than any at 4.48 and he does run outside...

Wow didn't know he was that fast. He looks like he is not even running hard when he runs.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Plumlee's 247 confirmed time is 4.61, but he has been timed several times much faster. GA laser timed him at 4.42 in one of their camps.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.