Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I think we are closing in on five viable candidates based on the new criteria for November's debate. 3% in 4 polls or 5% in 2 of those 4 polls, plus 165,000 donors. Currently Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg and Harris qualify. I cannot see any other candidate reaching this threshold before the November debate. It is time to get this pared down and hopefully see some substantive discussions.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
At this point the race is Biden v. Sanders v. Warren with Biden really only persisting because the money wants him around. He's been dropping like a rock since debates started.
Where do you get this stuff, anyway? His profile is following the normal profile for a front-runner with name recognition over the field. Your ticket is still Biden-Warren...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Where do you get this stuff, anyway? His profile is following the normal profile for a front-runner with name recognition over the field. Your ticket is still Biden-Warren...
Some kind of cognitive dissonance from libs to spend 4 years highlighting Trump's diminishing cognitive ability then clamoring for Joe Biden. Gonna be great watch two sundowning boomers talk about the time they fought some dude named corn nuts or met with the CEO Sundar Google.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Some kind of cognitive dissonance from libs to spend 4 years highlighting Trump's diminishing cognitive ability then clamoring for Joe Biden. Gonna be great watch two sundowning boomers talk about the time they fought some dude named corn nuts or met with the CEO Sundar Google.
You and your ilk will give us four more years of Trump, if you're successful. I hope you're happy with it...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Same folks will call Sanders a liar after saying exactly what he said is right but:

No biggie, he's just sundowning so we won't rub it in!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Buttigieg has found the sweet spot on healthcare, the only one which would stand the crossfire of the general election. Without modification, either Warren's or Sanders' lose the general election. The general insured populace is not ready to let go of it's collective insurance company and will vote against a candidate who promises to do that...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Buttigieg has found the sweet spot on healthcare, the only one which would stand the crossfire of the general election. Without modification, either Warren's or Sanders' lose the general election. The general insured populace is not ready to let go of it's collective insurance company and will vote against a candidate who promises to do that...
I"m afraid you're right.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Buttigieg has found a spot but I have a 4 letter S-word in mind to describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.