Link: The biology of political differences.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Which means it is also probably hereditary. Which explains why my union dues-paying relatives hate their unions and all demonrats.*

(OK, most voted for Kennedy, which only plays into that "the Pope will run the gubbament" ruse.)

* = OK, it was really because they likened both of them to the "black-a hands". AKA, mafia.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I liked this part:
Political disputes typically spring from the assumption that those who do not agree with us are shallow, misguided, uninformed, and ignorant

:eek2: How could people think that way?:eek:

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Scientifically speaking Conservatives are scared of everything. Did they need a study to prove that?
I'm a conservative and I'm not afraid of anything. I am however fed up with a lot of stuff. I have been told that I have to like a lot of things I don't, but I still don't. I've been banned from clubs with rougher crowds than this bunch of panty waisted protesters I've seen on TV.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm a conservative and I'm not afraid of anything. I am however fed up with a lot of stuff. I have been told that I have to like a lot of things I don't, but I still don't. I've been banned from clubs with rougher crowds than this bunch of panty waisted protesters I've seen on TV.
so open up the borders, let the ban end and give up your guns. Since you are afraid of nothing, shouldn't be an issue

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
so open up the borders, let the ban end and give up your guns. Since you are afraid of nothing, shouldn't be an issue
This makes no sense. He's not afraid of anything because he's got guns and can shoot whatever is threatening him.

Also, conservatism isn't based on fear. It's based on limits. As in, limits the federal government can impose upon the citizenry. I realize this is lost on most that would call themselves conservative today.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Scientifically speaking Conservatives are scared of everything. Did they need a study to prove that?
I'm not so sure about the fear thing being conservative; I know a lot of liberal folks who are scared witless right now. But the part that caught my attention was that conservative leaning people tend to recall negative things and events, whereas liberal leaning people tend to recall positive events. This, if true, would be must more revealing, though it wouldn't prove that either side was correct, but that they should be complementary instead of in conflict. That would be a monumental scientific discovery if true, it would give us a way to cooperate.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This makes no sense. He's not afraid of anything because he's got guns and can shoot whatever is threatening him.

Also, conservatism isn't based on fear. It's based on limits. As in, limits the federal government can impose upon the citizenry. I realize this is lost on most that would call themselves conservative today.
modern conservatism (the past 15-30 years) seems to be primarily based on fear, resentment and the resulting outrage.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
modern conservatism (the past 15-30 years) seems to be primarily based on fear, resentment and the resulting outrage.
Yes just like modern liberalism, which I would date back much further than 15-30 years, seems to be based primarily on a monstrous government with far reaching control, massive entitlements, and the resulting economic chaos.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

I assumed from the context that conservative and liberal were being used to describe psychological attitudes to the appropriate pace of change instead of political philosophies per se. Being fearful (or whatever we call it) is associated with "conservative" attitudes, preferring the status quo. So in a society already organized on Communistic lines, the conservatives would want to preserve communism as is, whereas the liberals would probably prefer a change, maybe to freedom in limits. I could be wrong on that, but that's how I took it.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
In the past 15 - 30 years liberals have been forcing people to invite all kinds of stuff into our lives. I for one don't care what people do in their bedroom or who they marry but I don't need their advice or help on telling my children what is right or wrong. I do care about people breaking the law. I was taught to respect the law and not to break it unless I was willing to pay the price. My parents told us point blank if we did something to earn jail time not to expect a visit from them. The borders are open for LEGAL immigration. Illegals deserve to get out or pay whatever penalty the law dictates. If you want that to change elect representation to congress to change the law. It's nothing personal against anyone but if you start putting up with law breakers you're back to the old west. I don't want that but I can handle it if they can.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.