What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football League?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The Head Ball Coach is in. And now, so is the guitar-playing and folk-singing Rick Neuheisel. So, who’s next?

The upstart Alliance of American Football is putting together its teams and Steve Spurrier and Neuheisel are the two coaches first to reportedly be using the league to return to coaching. That begs the question; who will be the next former college football coach to decide this is the best opportunity to return to coaching?
LINK

I kinda like the whole concept of this new league and think it is pretty innovative in quite a few ways.

More oriented toward less injuries for one (no kickoffs).

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
No, his is the XFL. This thing will get a jump on the XFL by a year.

They have some pretty interesting rules (as in no kickoffs).

The whole idea of Spurrier coaching again is plumb crazy. 75 years old? I hope he has some decent coordinators.

rtr

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ok, thanks. I knew he had another one in the works. Seems he should just team with the guy doing this one and try to make one better league than working against each other, when their odds of success are already so low.
In all honesty, I don't know how anyone could team up with Vince McMahon...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I don't know. Spring football, maybe.
No kickoffs and no onside kicks? Interesting.
Neusheisel and Spurrier? Not sure that is the future.
If the players are not disrespecting the flag on the pregame national anthem, I might give it a try.
I haven't watched an NFL game in a year and a half.
I might try this.

Last edited:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
It would be nice to have a viable spring league where players who just miss out on an NFL roster or trying to return to the NFL can continue to play and possibly make an NFL team latter. It could give such players like Trent Richardson another avenue besides the CFL.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
In all honesty, I don't know how anyone could team up with Vince McMahon...
Besides the possibility of a WWE style swerve (chair to the back when you think you're getting along fine), I don't see why not. The guy has managed to make the WWE wildly successful, financially speaking. They have had dark periods, and may go through another, but it is hard to argue against the success his company has been. Unless you were a promoter or owner of one of the old school territories. The XFL failed, and I would not have advised him or anyone to try to compete with the NFL, but if it can be done, I give him a puncher's chance. I mean how many people can say that their entertainment franchise has the current POTUS in its Hall Of Fame?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Not to be Mr. Negativity, but this will fail like all the others before it.
I think the NFL PTB will go after this enterprise even though their schedules will not interfere with each other.

Fighting for revenue that is available for the whole franchise.

But you have to admit - the time is ripe right now for another league, given how incompetent the NFL has been operating over the past few years.

The key will be getting some marquee names and looks like they have a decent start in that so far.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Heck, I'll watch any football I can find in the spring.

I'm rooting for both of these alternatives to be successful. History shows us it's an uphill climb, but people LOVE football more than any other sport, so if the right product is there, it can happen...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.