Link: Alabama Intel on New Staff Member, HR3, and Injured LB

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

If they didn’t know already, NFL teams are now well aware that Henry Ruggs is really, really fast. Alabama had its junior pro day Wednesday and I’ve heard that NFL scouts timed Ruggs, who had 11 touchdown catches for the Tide last season, in the 4.25 range in the 40-yard dash. To put that into perspective, the NFL scouting combine record for the 40-yard dash is 4.22 and the fastest time posted at this year’s combine was 4.30. There were other players that ran fast, too. Biletnikoff Award winner Jerry Jeudy, safety Jared Mayden and a couple others were timed in the 4.4s in the 40.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Man, I'm really interested to see where all our WRs will be drafted when its all said and done. 4.25 is just insane. I wonder what Waddle would run

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Man, I'm really interested to see where all our WRs will be drafted when its all said and done. 4.25 is just insane. I wonder what Waddle would run
I think Waddle runs with more football style, and if you watch Ruggs in the open field he looks like a sprinter with long strides and upright. It wouldn’t surprise me if Ruggs was faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think Waddle runs with more football style, and if you watch Ruggs in the open field he looks like a sprinter with long strides and upright. It wouldn’t surprise me if Ruggs was faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I agree. I think Ruggs is faster as well. Just curious what he would run. I'm sure Waddle would kill the agility drills too.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
The al.com report says he ran in the 4.4s. Seems like Zedrick Woods really trained up for the 40 at the combine (or JJ had a bad run at Junior Day).
Yea, just goes to show that combine 40 time is simply one data point when it comes to speed.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
The al.com report says he ran in the 4.4s. Seems like Zedrick Woods really trained up for the 40 at the combine (or JJ had a bad run at Junior Day).

also, putting the pads on impacts everyone's speed at least a little bit and for some it's a bigger impact than others.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
If true, those are crazy numbers. I almost never predict a TF to come in (especially DL and OL) and make big impact right away just because there are other guys that have had time in the program who were just as good when they stepped on campus, but this kid might just break that trend and earn major time early.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I would take our top 4 WR's against any other football players in the nation in a 4 x 100m relay. I would like to see Ruggs and Waddle in the 40 or 100 yd race. Both can absolutely fly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.