NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

I'll say. 1987 was the SMU death penalty!
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...case-vs-ole-miss-close-death-penalty-can-get/

“It is as close to a death penalty as you can get without having that actually happen,” Loyd said. “Coach Farrar has been questioned extensively, in fact, five times by the NCAA about those allegations.”

According to Loyd, Ole Miss is in this situation after failing to follow the NCAA’s rules and is concerned his client has become singled out by the school as a possible scapegoat for the many alleged violations.

“To use the excuse that everyone else is doing it, that’s just not a good defense,” Loyd continued. “That’s not a good reason. That’s not an acceptable reason. Some of these rules, you wish they weren’t there but the fact of the matter is they are — and they’ve got to be enforced, and they’ve got to be followed. And if you don’t, you’ll find yourself in the position the University of Mississippi athletic department has found itself.”

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

Well one things for certain: they quietly gave ole' hugh a contract extension. I couldn't believe it! What does this say to the NCAA?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Well one things for certain: they quietly gave ole' hugh a contract extension. I couldn't believe it! What does this say to the NCAA?
It says "Bring it." I can't stand the ncaa, but in this case, I hope they grant the Rebel Black Bears request.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Whoa. When the Rebels/Black Bears/Landsharks cheat, they go all out don't they!
You don't know the half of it. Let's fill in some blanks. Some of you guys that are as old as me will get a kick out of the connections and who did what, where. You'll know who is dirty by association.

Barney Farrar, from Kossuth, MS just outside Corinth, played at NEMSCC and went on to play at Delta State for Red Parker. Parker was from AR and out of the Larry Lacewell / Barry Switzer tree. Parker was the head coach at the Citadel for 7 years in the late 60's and early 70's and was the head coach at Clemson from 73 through 76. His assistant head coach at Clemson was one Charlie Pell. Pell replaced him for the 77 season and Parker went back to coaching high school ball in Arkansas. He coached Southern Arkansas for one year before moving to Delta State in Cleveland, MS in 1982. There, he was brought into contact with Billy Brewer and the plantation. Ole Miss used Delta State about the same way Auburn used Jacksonville and Troy when Dye was there. Barney played for Parker at Delta State, was a GA for a year or two and went to Clemson where he worked for Danny Ford after Ford replaced Pell. He stayed when Ken Hatfield came after Clemson went on probation and Hatfield was run out of Arkansas. Barney stayed with Hatfield for the next 15 years, following him to Rice where he was an on the field assistant until 2005 when Hatfield was mercifully fired. He found his way back home as an assistant AD on Ed Orgeron's staff at Ole Miss and where he came in contact with David Saunders and Hugh Freeze.

What connection brought him back home? His old coach at Delta State, Red Parker became Billy Brewer's QB coach and offensive coordinator in 1988 and stayed until 1991, the time period when the Network activities took place that put Ole Miss on probation in 1994. He got to know the Network very well and I suspect he worked the booster network to get Barney a job close to home when Hatfield and staff were let go.

Barney left Ole Miss and joined Larry Fedora's staff at Southern Mississippi in 2008 as the tight ends coach when Nutt came to Oxford. He fought and defeated cancer and moved to an AD spot before coming back to Ole Miss in the same role when Fedora left for North Carolina and Freeze took over at Ole Miss.

To make matters more interesting, Farrar's lawyer, Brewster Loyd, is from Corinth, MS, played at NEMSCC with Barney and played at Rice before Barney got there. After his playing days, his law office was established in Houston. He would have been a letterman and an alumnus while Hatfield and Barney were there. Also on that same NEMSCC football team was a guy named Mark Keenum-----look him up. You'll laugh.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

What is the upcoming timeline? Google has many articles on the timeline up to now, but I am looking for what is upcoming? I see where Ole Miss will be releasing something next week.

Last edited:

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

What is the upcoming timeline? Google has many articles on the timeline up to now, but I am looking for what is upcoming? I see where Ole Miss will be releasing something next week.
MS State blogger / radio personality Steve Robertson filed a Freedom of Information request for the unredacted NOAs. When they ignored, him he filed a petition with the Mississippi Ethics Commission. The Ethics Commission took it to Ole Miss and they responded that they would release both NOAs "the week of June 05, 2017". Ole Miss will not release until they have to----which insinuates by June 9 the NOA will be 90 days old or older. After that 90 day date, the NCAA has 60 days to respond to Ole Miss's statement-----placing that approximately the first week in August. After that response a meeting will be scheduled with the The Committee On Infractions. The COI has regularly scheduled meetings in August and October. After that meeting is when a verdict will be rendered and any penalties assessed. Still a ways to go yet.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

This says to the NCAA, either "We're nuttier than a bunch of outhouse rats", or "We have stones the size of basketballs and we DARE you to give us back breaking sanctions.". Mark my words, when the NCAA eventually drops the hammer on them, it's going to be B-R-U-T-A-L and the Rebs/Black Bears/Rebel Black Bears/Admiral Ackbars will fire him so fast it'll make your head spin in a desperate effort to save themselves. Trouble is, it won't save them and, OM is going to have to open wide and eat that contract. It's going to cost them dearly.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I think Ole Miss already realizes that this is going to be real bad. They figure they might as well ride it out with Freeze. Ole Miss probabaly couldn't get a very good coach right now under the circumstances anyway. Freeze is very popular with the Ole Miss fans. Freeze knows he can't get a job anywhere else and will gladly take the 4 Million a year. Freeze only loses his job if the NCAA demands it by making the penalties substantially worse by keeping him.
After the penalties come in, then the Ole Miss spin will be that they got penalized for doing what everybody does.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Rule #1 of buying players: Pay everybody. Pay in green cash, small bills. Pay them enough to tolerate being publicly thrown under the bus and still keep their mouths shut.

Apparently, the Bears either didn't pay Nutt and Farrar enough to take the current heat, or left them off the payroll altogether.

Cheap or stupid. Take your pick.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

You mean the "Pat Dye" program that Aubarn uses?

Rule #1 of buying players: Pay everybody. Pay in green cash, small bills. Pay them enough to tolerate being publicly thrown under the bus and still keep their mouths shut.

Apparently, the Bears either didn't pay Nutt and Farrar enough to take the current heat, or left them off the payroll altogether.

Cheap or stupid. Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.