Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

pastorbt

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 9, 2017
I'm still trying to understand when the expectations for a perennial 8-4 team became something greater.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Meh. Marcello's reading too much into that.
I agree. I had a lady tell me once that she hated to hear a Pastor say "my church" because it was not his church, it was God's church. Ten a few minutes later she said, "my Sunday School class has 14 members." LOL. Note she did not say, "the SS class I teach", but MY SS class. We sometimes find what we are looking for in words instead of just letting them be words.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Have a hard time believing that for one major reason: the AAU circuit and basketball players being paid/recruited to agencies are only in school for 6 months then they turn professional. A player in a 7 on 7 league has a minimum of 3 years before he can come out for the NFL draft. Just doesn't make sense for agents/recruits to treat the 7 on 7 camps the same way they treat the AAU circuit. Now, I'm not naïve enough to think there hasn't been some money passed around at 7 on 7 camps or arrangements made but I don't think it's anywhere near the scale or operation of what's hitting college basketball right now for the reasons I mentioned..
So you think the money to obtain a player and his services for three years would be less than the money to obtain a player and his services for only one year? Ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
This is starting to get even more interesting. How in the world did two lower level staffers get wrapped up in this?

And why haven’t we heard anything concerning reinstatement for Purifoy and Wiley yet? Beginning to wonder if there was something going on with players as well as the parents.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
And why haven’t we heard anything concerning reinstatement for Purifoy and Wiley yet? Beginning to wonder if there was something going on with players as well as the parents.
Why would they be reinstated? This wasn't some minor violation...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If you notice I said “concerning reinstatement”, not “when they will be reinstated”.
Do you think Auburn is going to come out and go, well they're not going to be reinstated, like, ever. This is serious stuff, Auburn knows better than to run their mouths about it. May be the NCAA will be bros or something, but this isn't a sit a few games type scenario. Auburn does themselves no favors to advertise that fact.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

So you think the money to obtain a player and his services for three years would be less than the money to obtain a player and his services for only one year? Ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You completely missed the point. There's no way to keep a commitment from a football player for 3+ years. He may not even be a player that the NFL would draft by the time he's eligible to be drafted. An agent or agency will not stick out their neck for a 17 year old at a 7 on 7 football camp who may or may not make the NFL in 3-4 years. The one and done players in basketball are much easier to identify with a much quicker "turn time" (most as short as 6 months for star basketball player vs at minimum 3 years for a football prospect) and that's why agents and runners try so hard to get in on them early. Much faster return on investment (typically 6 months) and less risk than trying to hold on to a football player for 3-4 years. Also, sneaker deals and apparel deals are considerably more lucrative in the NBA than NFL. Almost every star NBA player has a major shoe deal. Not so much in the NFL. You have to understand the 2 different markets and revenue streams to understand why basketball prospects are targeted in a way that football prospects typically aren't..

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

If it happened, it would be like letting kids loose in a toy store...

So much to find, so little time. The FBI would have to call in their reserves.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I agree. I had a lady tell me once that she hated to hear a Pastor say "my church" because it was not his church, it was God's church. Ten a few minutes later she said, "my Sunday School class has 14 members." LOL. Note she did not say, "the SS class I teach", but MY SS class. We sometimes find what we are looking for in words instead of just letting them be words.
"What you think about me says more about you than it does about me." How we see others shows what is going on inside us...every.single.time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.