Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt (Update: Hired, Will Coach in CFP)

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Re: Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt

I hate that he is going to UT, but we all knew he would be leaving sooner rather than later. Most Coaches want to be the head man one day and this was his shot at it. I can't blame him at all even if it is at our hated rival. The East should become more competitive now so maybe Kirby will not just run all over the teams over there. I don't know much about Lupoi so I am looking forward to hearing if he could be a good DC if he is chosen to lead our defense next year.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Tennessee is officially offered Pruitt

I guess if you're dumb enough to not know about asparagus then you're dumb enough to take a job at Tennessee in 2017.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Can’t blame him for attempting to better his situation and advance in his career, but this is a bad move IMO. I’m sorry I won’t be able to wish him well.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

I don't have a problem with it. A man has every right to move on to something better should he desire that.

But, like all of our coaches who leave the program to coach elsewhere that isn't Alabama, I hope he loses every single game but somehow finds a way to not fail and keep his job and take errrrrrrr earn all the money he can.

See ya.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Well at least he's not burning any bridges with Saban so he can come back when he gets fired in 3-4 years.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I wonder who the top 3 candidates will be for Saban to ask to take Pruitt's place. We need a good recruiter who gets along great with the players (like Pruitt does), who can also coach. If not Tosh, then who? Maybe someone from Clemson or from NFL?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I wonder who the top 3 candidates will be for Saban to ask to take Pruitt's place. We need a good recruiter who gets along great with the players (like Pruitt does), who can also coach. If not Tosh, then who? Maybe someone from Clemson or from NFL?
I bet a lot of these guys would jump at the chance to work for Coach Saban. If they stay here a couple of years they will get a head coaching job soon. Everybody wants what we have. It is good to be the King. If we were going to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl nobody would want a coach from our team.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I wish we could get Aranda. But it would be funny as heck if we got Chizik. The barn would spontaneously combust if that happened... ;)

Midnight Rider

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 9, 2010

I guess if you're dumb enough to not know about asparagus then you're dumb enough to take a job at Tennessee in 2017.
rgw, thanks for bringing that up!! I have never been able to forget that every time I see Pruitt on the sidelines.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Happy for Pruitt but hate to see him go especially to Tennessee. I hope he does well there except for when we play them. And he better not steal Tosh

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I wish we could get Aranda. But it would be funny as heck if we got Chizik. The barn would spontaneously combust if that happened... ;)
God no!! Are you sure this wasn't supposed to be blue? Chiznik? One word for you, Moooooooooooooooo:biggrin:

I'm sorry but I just can't wish him luck. If he went anywhere else other than the barn or UcheaT I would be happy for him and hope he wins except against us, but I just can't do it with him in Phattyville. He's now the enemy just like Kirby is.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Happy for Pruitt but hate to see him go especially to Tennessee. I hope he does well there except for when we play them. And he better not steal Tosh
Tosh is probably taking over as Saban's DC, so I doubt that he follows Pruitt.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Tosh is probably taking over as Saban's DC, so I doubt that he follows Pruitt.
That's what I think will happen as well but saw some stuff around twitter that it might not be that clear cut. Losing Pruitt and Tosh would be a blow.

barrytide

BamaNation Citizen
May 3, 2011
Havana,IL

I hear that Chizik's defense is..........................toothless!

Thank you, I'm here all week folks

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017

Read in an article that if Pruitt takes the job he will 'be responsible for uniting a divided fan base', or words to that effect. Does a BAMA alum stand a reasonable chance of pulling that off?

A few thoughts:
1. Do you really know Fulmer's motives here? Is this just a ploy to try and reignite his anti-BAMA crusade? Make sure that UT demonstrates a strong commitment ($$$$) and that the language is iron-clad. They're trying to avoid their buyout with Currie as we speak.
2. Saban on the left and Smart on the right. Really tough situation to try and rebuild in.
3. How much rope are they going to give a BAMA alum? Have they even hinted they expect a turnaround similar to UGA? Are they aware that the UT dumpster fire will take at least 3-4 years to be highly competitive.
4. If Pruitt pulls this off does he become the favorite to replace CNS when he retires?
5. Make sure you understand why everyone else has ran from UT like that place had the plague.
6. Can you pull it off with the constant meddling from Fulmer and the Haslam's?
7. Last but not least, you're the 9th choice in their coaching search (record territory almost). The answer to #3 is you have zero room for error.

Last edited:

ColaTider

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2015
Columbia, SC

Personally I was hoping Dabo's coaching tree would grow this offseason rather than Saban's...it is what it is I guess. Ultimately, it is a positive sign and makes our 10 year run even more impressive when you think about all the different coaches that have left on both sides of the ball.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016

I hate to see him go, but I understand that these guys coach for a living. They can't have the same mindset as fans. It's too fickle of an industry to pick and choose, so you have to go where the money is when you have a chance to make the big bucks.

I wish him all the same successes that Butch Jones and Derek Dooley had up there at the garbage man convention center. I just hope he is able to maintain a good reputation.

No love lost. -M. Wilson

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.