Free agency in CFB has began

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Free agency in CFB has begun

Kelly Bryant and etc. Nick Saban forewarned everyone what was about to happen with these changes. We are one High profile transfer to Bama away from it going away though.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Kelly Bryant and etc. Nick Saban forewarned everyone what was about to happen with these changes. We are one High profile transfer to Bama away from it going away though.
Yep. That`ll bring it to a screeching halt for sure. That simply will not be tolerated, particularly if it happens right in the middle of this run we`ve been on with CNS.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
We got really spoiled having J. K. Scott around for 4 years so give Skylar DeLong a chance. It's not like he has had that many opportunities to punt with Tua being so dominant. He wouldn't be playing for Coach Saban if he wasn't good, so let him be, be supportive, and he'll improve.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
We got really spoiled having J. K. Scott around for 4 years so give Skylar DeLong a chance. It's not like he has had that many opportunities to punt with Tua being so dominant. He wouldn't be playing for Coach Saban if he wasn't good, so let him be, be supportive, and he'll improve.
We have the best ST coach in CFB, so I am sure we will see improvement...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: Free agency in CFB has begun

If I were a betting man (I am not), I would bet that the barn has already been in contact and eventually Bryant ends up in the plainest village on the whatever... :cool2:

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida

The law of unintended consequences strikes again.
The original reasons for the four-game rule were sound, but now it has gone in a completely different direction.
We should feel fortunate and pleased that CNS was able to keep Jalen "in the game" and fighting to get his position back.
Jalen is still way less of a passer than Tua, but he has improved, and it's great to have him in the bullpen.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

If I were a betting man (I am not), I would bet that the barn has already been in contact and eventually Bryant ends up in the plainest village on the whatever... :cool2:
Indeed. Malzahn sews salt into every quarterback he coaches for more than two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

The law of unintended consequences strikes again.
The original reasons for the four-game rule were sound, but now it has gone in a completely different direction.
We should feel fortunate and pleased that CNS was able to keep Jalen "in the game" and fighting to get his position back.
Jalen is still way less of a passer than Tua, but he has improved, and it's great to have him in the bullpen.
What if Jalen is content to graduate, stay on, and redshirt next year and just receive coaching from Enos. Run the scout team all year and get pro style coaching. Not likely, but the thought did cross my mind.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
What if Jalen is content to graduate, stay on, and redshirt next year and just receive coaching from Enos. Run the scout team all year and get pro style coaching. Not likely, but the thought did cross my mind.

He's too much of a competitor to do that...

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
A lot of people say that they Aubs will look for a transfer qb to follow Stidham, but they have the Nix kid in the fold as well as a guy who was a four star (iirc) but played baseball for awhile. Maybe they do try to pull a grad transfer for one year before handing it over to Nix, but if he is as good as most of them think he will be that'd just be a waste of one of his years.

rtr

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
A lot of people say that they Aubs will look for a transfer qb to follow Stidham, but they have the Nix kid in the fold as well as a guy who was a four star (iirc) but played baseball for awhile. Maybe they do try to pull a grad transfer for one year before handing it over to Nix, but if he is as good as most of them think he will be that'd just be a waste of one of his years.

rtr
How many freshman quarterbacks has Gus had that performed well? Nix should run far away. Even the two year mercenaries seem to regress in year two under him.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
How many freshman quarterbacks has Gus had that performed well? Nix should run far away. Even the two year mercenaries seem to regress in year two under him.

Somebody name one quarterback that Gus developed...<chirping>

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Another unintended consequence of the redshirt rule came into play at Nebraska just as the season was about to begin.

Tristan Gebbia lost out in the two-man QB competition for the starter, and transferred to Oregon State just before the 1st game.

Since Oregon State is on the quarter system, and didn't start classes until later in September, he gets to transfer, use this year as a "redshirt" year, and can play immediately nest year.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

rtr
Can't remember a QB Gus has recruited out of HS working out. His successful QB's were recruited elsewhere and already had college coaching/experience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.