Louisiana-LafayetteMark HudspethBilly Napier
OregonWillie TaggartMario Cristobal
SMUChad MorrisSonny Dykes
ArizonaRich RodriquezKevin Sumlin

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Depending on how the season plays out 10 other SEC jobs could open. Very Likely:UT, Arky, aTm, and MIZ. A decent chance: LSU, Ole Miss. Not out of the realm: AU (If they lose by double digits to UGA AND BAMA), Florida (If they drop 4 or 5 games), Miss St & Vandy (coaches taking a better job)

Personally, I think the # is 5 as AU beats UGA and Gus is safe. Florida finds a way to win 9 games and save JM. I also think in the end Ole Miss and LSU stand pat for another season. Not sure anyone will want the Ole Miss job and LSU may not want to make another change.

I do see Mason looking to cash in assuming they get bowl eligible.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
This off season could see record coaching changes. Man so many are stinking it up it is not even funny. Cannot remember the last time so many millionaire cioaches lost so many games. me thinks AD,s need to get a grip and quit paying millions until they actually win some games.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
CJM at Florida getting fired is laughable. He has won back to back Eastern Division titles and is worthy of some slack. Sumlin is safe because his schedule and buyout prevents any reasonable person from firing him. Ogeron gets a pass for at least this year. And my long shot is that Botch stays because there is no reasonable replacement. Look what happened to LSU when they fired Les without a plan.

There is a serious shortage of viable coaching candidates out there right now and some schools are just going to have to be patient.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
CJM at Florida getting fired is laughable. He has won back to back Eastern Division titles and is worthy of some slack. Sumlin is safe because his schedule and buyout prevents any reasonable person from firing him. Ogeron gets a pass for at least this year. And my long shot is that Botch stays because there is no reasonable replacement. Look what happened to LSU when they fired Les without a plan.

There is a serious shortage of viable coaching candidates out there right now and some schools are just going to have to be patient.
JM might be safe, Sumlin is not! Talking to former players and alumni with $$$ the buyout is already. Actually has been for a while. Can Sumlin get to 9 wins is the deciding factor. He won’t come within 30 points of BAMA or AU. Call me crazy but, not sure if he beats LSU or UF. Above all, Aggies are not reasonable. The Aggie BOT makes the Lowder run AU board look tame.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Whether Sumlin, Jones, Bielema or Odom need to be fired is yet to be determined, but a strong case could be made to show them the door. IMO, having the money available to buy them out would be a huge hurdle except in the case of Sumlin. Assuming the money were available, the bigger issue is what coaches, realistically, would want these jobs? These SEC schools would not be the only FBS programs looking for a new HC. It will definitely be a seller's market if all of this happens. BTW, don't listen to PO'd fan board or tweets they do not make the hiring or firing decisions.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Whether Sumlin, Jones, Bielema or Odom need to be fired is yet to be determined, but a strong case could be made to show them the door. IMO, having the money available to buy them out would be a huge hurdle except in the case of Sumlin. Assuming the money were available, the bigger issue is what coaches, realistically, would want these jobs? These SEC schools would not be the only FBS programs looking for a new HC. It will definitely be a seller's market if all of this happens. BTW, don't listen to PO'd fan board or tweets they do not make the hiring or firing decisions.
Correct, JERIII. I did a brief flyover on one of the LSU boards just to see some of the names being bandied about on Orgeron's replacement. Lane Kiffin (?!), of all people, surprisingly has some support to replace Orgeron.

I'm thinking their fanbase needs to be put on suicide watch. There is presently much weeping and gnashing of teeth going on with the Tigah faithful.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
JM might be safe, Sumlin is not! Talking to former players and alumni with $$$ the buyout is already. Actually has been for a while. Can Sumlin get to 9 wins is the deciding factor. He won’t come within 30 points of BAMA or AU. Call me crazy but, not sure if he beats LSU or UF. Above all, Aggies are not reasonable. The Aggie BOT makes the Lowder run AU board look tame.
I understand where you are coming from and having been to Aggieland several times. Reasonable is not in their vocabulary, but who in the world could they find that would be willing to go there? He has had top five picks in the NFL and a Heisman Trophy winner in the SEC West and still can't satisfy the Corps.... They are IMHO peaking. Tennessee is the same. Sometimes being the third or fourth most desirable program in your division is just that, a mid tier program with a top five season every once in a blue moon.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Harbawl is not going to get fired this year, but :biggrin: the Michigan fans are loudly wondering why :biggrin2: they pay him so much money :confused:

I think he needs to fire his PR firm and do something really BIG instead of holding practice in Rome. Like, he could clone himself and coach in college and NFL. That would be BIG.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I hope all the coaches who are on the hot seat stay at their jobs :) . I do think the coaches most likely to be fired at end of season are Butch Jones and maybe Beliema. Sumlin will be safe, especially if his team keeps improving. They have some talent. It will be interesting to see who gets the Ole Miss job. Maybe LSU will beat Auburn next Saturday.. I read that Auburn has not won there since 1999 at Death Valley.

Has anyone watched the new SEC Shorts video on Auburn? It's clever. I saw it on Facebook today.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.