Draining threes and rolling trees

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Saban.jpg

Perhaps someone has already posted this but I haven't seen it on here.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I don't understand it, but it looks really pretty until your local German exchange student lights a fire.

To me, it's kinda like tearing down your own goalpost.

Last edited:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I think this really refers to how they're better at kicking field goals than making touchdowns. joking/not joking

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't understand why anyone would want recognition - let alone to legally protect a phrase - that represents throwing toilet paper into a bunch of trees located in a prominent section of town.

:confused:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Why waste money on a trademark of this... it's not like anyone else would consider using this phrase.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Two thoughts:

1. Auburn is not the first team to hit a bunch a 3 pointers.

2. Teenagers all over the south roll yards, but usually as a joke or a way to stick it to their math or science teacher, but not to celebrate something.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Two thoughts:

1. Auburn is not the first team to hit a bunch a 3 pointers.

2. Teenagers all over the south roll yards, but usually as a joke or a way to stick it to their math or science teacher, but not to celebrate something.
Sooooo, you are saying Tigerland is bizarro world!!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
So....................not only is API really in West Georgia, it seems they are also in a suburb of Atlanta.

That might be the most "Atlanta sports moment" in the history of the world.

To recap:

The refs missed a double dibble? Refs miss linemen illegally downfield all the time, when API plays.

Students cheering, yelling, and rolling trees, not aware yet they just lost.

Homer tools on the radio network calling out the refs by name, hoping for violence. They couldn't decide if it was a foul, or that it just shouldn't have been called. In either case, they just got robbed!

Complaining when you foul a player, shooting a three, and he makes all three FTs? Hey, didn't they get where they are when a player couldn't make all three? Sounds like karma, to me.

Maybe now API will know how hearing about "kick 6" at every chance feels. I hope they never get over it.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
So....................not only is API really in West Georgia, it seems they are also in a suburb of Atlanta.

To recap:

The refs missed a double dibble? Refs miss linemen illegally downfield all the time, when API plays.

Homer tools on the radio network calling out the refs by name, hoping for violence. They couldn't decide if it was a foul, or that it just shouldn't have been called. In either case, they just got robbed!

Complaining when you foul a player, shooting a three, and he makes all three FTs? Hey, didn't they get where they are when a player couldn't make all three? Sounds like karma, to me.

Maybe now API will know how hearing about "kick 6" at every chance feels. I hope they never get over it.
So the catch phrase they should hear is "Bonus 3"...? ;)

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

To recap:

I've been asking if they've "Gotta Second" all morning, none of them do.:(

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I could have lived with Auburn winning it all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy they lost, but for some reason I don't feel as strongly about them succeeding in B-ball as I do football, especially on a championship level.

Not telling y'all how to handle the barners back in Bama, but I'd just tell them congratulations on a great season.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I could have lived with Auburn winning it all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy they lost, but for some reason I don't feel as strongly about them succeeding in B-ball as I do football, especially on a championship level.

Not telling y'all how to handle the barners back in Bama, but I'd just tell them congratulations on a great season.
It would’ve been easier to bear living in Texas, :) Around here we were starting to get the “you’re not a basketball school you don’t understand” from the Aubies. One of the JOX personalities (albeit a minor one) went off on Bama’s program and why AU is now superior. I get it. They had a an awesome year, but it may prove to be a fluke. And, yes I’m glad they lost in the most gut wrenching fashion possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It would’ve been easier to bear living in Texas, :) Around here we were starting to get the “you’re not a basketball school you don’t understand” from the Aubies. One of the JOX personalities (albeit a minor one) went off on Bama’s program and why AU is now superior. I get it. They had a an awesome year, but it may prove to be a fluke. And, yes I’m glad they lost in the most gut wrenching fashion possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get it. I've lived in Alabama most of my life.

I'm not surprised the Auburn fan base is acting like that. They are just "Johnny come latelys" right now in B-ball in terms of suddenly being good without having a history.

Their program is currently in better shape than Bama's, but I think the Barn nation better be careful about predicting too much future success based off of one year. As a matter of fact, just a few weeks ago they were in the middle of the pack in the SEC and then they just rode a hot shooting wave to get where they got. It was special, but it was not evidence they are suddenly basketball royalty.

And don't think for a moment that this Barn basketball craze isn't somewhat related to the fact that we've dominated the state in football so long they they are seeing basketball as a way to "be better than Bama" to help soothe their psyche.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.