Never too early to think of Iron Bowl

melvinm

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 2013
So with both teams playing what amounts to scrimmages next week, will Bama be favored to beat Auburn on the road? With Bama's injury issues on Defense, this game has me really worried.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Too early to discuss this. We're focused on Mercer this week. We really need to fix our game this week.. Can't have Rat poison in our head this week.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I think Auburn will be slightly favored. Although it wouldn't surprise me if we were slightly favored. I think you can make arguments for both teams. Anybody's game really.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Too early to discuss this. We're focused on Mercer this week. We really need to fix our game this week.. Can't have Rat poison in our head this week.
Please... we're not the team. We can discuss this.
I think Auburn will be slightly favored. Although it wouldn't surprise me if we were slightly favored. I think you can make arguments for both teams. Anybody's game really.
Right now, Alabama would be favored by 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
So with both teams playing what amounts to scrimmages next week, will Bama be favored to beat Auburn on the road? With Bama's injury issues on Defense, this game has me really worried.
Kinda worried about the LBs, but I think we can work a lot of the kinks out against Mercer.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I don't know about you all, but ever since the game left B'ham I have not called it the "Iron Bowl." It just isn't the same and I feel sorry for those of you who never experienced the stadium split down the middle...those were memories I will always carry with me.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Kinda worried about the LBs, but I think we can work a lot of the kinks out against Mercer.
I agree with this. Just like with the CSU and Fresno games after injuries agains Florida St, the coaches will get the young guys ready. But, didn’t the barn struggle with Mercer?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I think this may be a hard one to bet. Honestly who has Auburn beat? All the same SEC West teams as BAMA. They was by an average score of 42-21. We won by an average score of 38-13.

The Barn gave up more points to all 5 than we did. They scored more in 3, we did in 2.

They lost to Clemson. A Clemson team in game 1 breaking in a new QB. A Clemson team that has looked pedestrian in several games. A Clemson team that lost to frekin Syracuse. They beat UGA but, how good is UGA? They play in the SEC East which is a dumpster fire. Tennessee, Vandy and MIZ couldn’t win CUSA or the AAC. Miami showed us who ND really is last night, an overrated team that the liberal elitist Northeast media loves to pump up. ....... and Kirk the Jerk want to bash our schedule but, ours is no worse than that of AU or UGA.

In the end, AU is gonna be tough to beat as we may be playing without our LG and playing with LB’s not on the 3 deep when the season started. I expect Nick will coach up the LB’s, devise a scheme to slow AU and give Jalen and the O a chance to put up enough points to give us a shot to escape with a victory. A 27-24 type ball game.

Whoever wins will likely destroy the Dawgs in ATL by 30+. UK and Tech very well may send them to ATL at 9-3.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I agree with this. Just like with the CSU and Fresno games after injuries agains Florida St, the coaches will get the young guys ready. But, didn’t the barn struggle with Mercer?
The Barn still didn't know who to start at QB when they played Mercer. The Barn kept fumbling around and giving the ball away. Someone else said it. The September version of the Barn is in poor form. They develop during the year. Generally in September Gus don't know if it's gold he sees on the field or a Cow Patty.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I think this may be a hard one to bet. Honestly who has Auburn beat? All the same SEC West teams as BAMA. They was by an average score of 42-21. We won by an average score of 38-13.

The Barn gave up more points to all 5 than we did. They scored more in 3, we did in 2.

They lost to Clemson. A Clemson team in game 1 breaking in a new QB. A Clemson team that has looked pedestrian in several games. A Clemson team that lost to frekin Syracuse. They beat UGA but, how good is UGA? They play in the SEC East which is a dumpster fire. Tennessee, Vandy and MIZ couldn’t win CUSA or the AAC. Miami showed us who ND really is last night, an overrated team that the liberal elitist Northeast media loves to pump up. ....... and Kirk the Jerk want to bash our schedule but, ours is no worse than that of AU or UGA.

In the end, AU is gonna be tough to beat as we may be playing without our LG and playing with LB’s not on the 3 deep when the season started. I expect Nick will coach up the LB’s, devise a scheme to slow AU and give Jalen and the O a chance to put up enough points to give us a shot to escape with a victory. A 27-24 type ball game.

Whoever wins will likely destroy the Dawgs in ATL by 30+. UK and Tech very well may send them to ATL at 9-3.
Tennessee and Virginia both beat Georgia Tech. I doubt they beat UGA.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The Auburn/Georgia game really didn't surprise me that much. You had talking heads (and even players from Georgia's opponents) questioning UGA's true freshman QB if the game every had to be on his shoulders, could he carry the team. UGA finally was put in the position to have to have their QB carry them, and he couldn't. He's a true freshman. It makes what Hurts did last year even more spectacular. When we play Auburn we won't have a true freshman QB behind center. That will be a HUGE difference right off the bat. Once Auburn stopped the run, the game was basically over because UGA didn't have anything else to do. They had ridden their running game to 9-0 and the true freshman QB contributed here and there, was asked to not lose the game, but never asked to win it.

I think Hurts gives Auburn's defense fits.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Auburn/Georgia game really didn't surprise me that much. You had talking heads (and even players from Georgia's opponents) questioning UGA's true freshman QB if the game every had to be on his shoulders, could he carry the team. UGA finally was put in the position to have to have their QB carry them, and he couldn't. He's a true freshman. It makes what Hurts did last year even more spectacular. When we play Auburn we won't have a true freshman QB behind center. That will be a HUGE difference right off the bat. Once Auburn stopped the run, the game was basically over because UGA didn't have anything else to do. They had ridden their running game to 9-0 and the true freshman QB contributed here and there, was asked to not lose the game, but never asked to win it.

aTm and LSU attacked the sides of the line, and the middle of the field against Auburn. They were pretty effective. I think we probably do the same. I think the bigger question is not Jalen, its our defense. I personally think Stidham is a statue waiting to be toppled, and I believe we are going to send the house against Auburn and dare Stidham to beat us. I fear Fitzgerald type qbs more than Stidham types because Stidham has shown he doesn't do well under pressure. I like our chances if no other injuries occur because you better believe that everyone will be talking up Auburn these next 2 weeks. If Auburn was going to beat UGA then we couldn't have asked for a better result for both games. IMO

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

Yes, what Auburn did to UGA was what I was thinking we would do to them in the SECCG. Take away the run and force them to pass. They are a one dimensional team. Same strategy we've used for years to beat LSU.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'll have to wait and see how practices go and such, but right now, this Iron Bowl looks very tough. As of right now I expect we'll see a score similar to the 2014 game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.