Labryan Ray Arrested Tonight

MTGYBama

Sep 12, 2018
Prattville, AL
We probably should hold judgement until all the facts come out. I know the old tale about drinking after midnight, but there may be mitigating circumstances.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
We probably should hold judgement until all the facts come out. I know the old tale about drinking after midnight, but there may be mitigating circumstances.
Someone forced the 290lb 6ft4 D Lineman to drink in excessive then threw him out of a van drunk in downtown Tuscaloosa /blue font

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Someone has some discipline workouts headed their way . . .

I would NOT want to have to "work" with Coach Cochran to pay for this misdeed. Can you imagine?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
This is sad, but I knew something like this would happen at least once in the off season, especially with losing the championship so badly. I hope he gets his act together and that nobody else on the team gets in trouble during off season and during the season. This is where team leadership can help. We already know Saban/Cochran leadership is about to help!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No one gets arrested for public intoxication on a college campus. He did something to get arrested and this was the charge. No idea what that was, and as long as it didn't include violence, don't really care. Not even sure why this is media worthy.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
No one gets arrested for public intoxication on a college campus. He did something to get arrested and this was the charge. No idea what that was, and as long as it didn't include violence, don't really care. Not even sure why this is media worthy.
Well, controversy sells papers.......and this is something the news goes after. Hopefully he gets his act together and Saban straightens him out. Too much talent to waste on stupid stuff

jarajam

Aug 9, 2018
Speaking as someone who went to Bama, and has had 2 kids go to Bama...Yeah, they do. I had many a friend, as have my daughters that were arrested for this very thing. And being a rather large guy who looks threatening makes the chances even more likely. And trust me, the football players rarely get cut a break on this sort of thing. I am just glad it was not driving under the influence.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Blacksburg PD will form a picket line between Va Tech campus and the strip on Main St. and "interview" students heading back to their dorms after midnight.
Bagged a bunch every weekend when I was there.
Maybe the court system was underutilized or the city needed some revenue, but they hand out public intox arrests like parking tickets.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Blacksburg PD will form a picket line between Va Tech campus and the strip on Main St. and "interview" students heading back to their dorms after midnight.
Bagged a bunch every weekend when I was there.
Maybe the court system was underutilized or the city needed some revenue, but they hand out public intox arrests like parking tickets.
If this is true you need to get a different police chief. In the Midwest you are not getting arrested on campus for drinking unless you do something to attract attention to yourself. Even then, if you speak to the police with respect, you are cool. Only idiots get PI arrests up here.

Arresting someone for drinking on campus on a Friday night is a meaningless act that does nothing to protect the public and only creates more distrust between the students and police department. It amounts to harassment.

Unless Ray did something else, this tells me more about the arresting police officer than the arrested.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
If this is true you need to get a different police chief. In the Midwest you are not getting arrested on campus for drinking unless you do something to attract attention to yourself. Even then, if you speak to the police with respect, you are cool. Only idiots get PI arrests up here.

Arresting someone for drinking on campus on a Friday night is a meaningless act that does nothing to protect the public and only creates more distrust between the students and police department. It amounts to harassment.
It was a classic "town vs. gown" situation. Students do not vote in Blacksburg election, locals do. Plus, lots of parents of VT students (especially from northern Virginia) urged Blacksburg to "clean up its image," and this was how the mayor did it.
Unless Ray did something else, this tells me more about the arresting police officer than the arrested.
Can't say what happened to Ray. Of course, on my most recent stint in Tuscaloosa, I did not spend much time on University Blvd after midnight, as in never. I have no experience with Tuscaloosa PD on the Strip after midnight.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
The crime of public intoxication requires more than simply "drinking in public."

Per the Alabama criminal code: A person commits the crime of public intoxication if he appears in a public place under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or other drug to the degree that he endangers himself or another person or property, or by boisterous and offensive conduct annoys another person in his vicinity.

MTGYBama

Sep 12, 2018
Prattville, AL
Not sure how you mitigate poor judgement .
So a college student can't have a beer? Truth is we dont know what happened. We can't assume he displayed 'poor judgement' by a mugshot. What if he was defending himself? Just dont be so quick to pass judgement. Saban will get all the facts. Truth be told, he'll deal with the punishment in practice and will start against Duke and this will be a non-story...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The crime of public intoxication requires more than simply "drinking in public."

Per the Alabama criminal code: A person commits the crime of public intoxication if he appears in a public place under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or other drug to the degree that he endangers himself or another person or property, or by boisterous and offensive conduct annoys another person in his vicinity.
Thanks - that is what I said - he had to be doing something beyond walking back to the dorms in an intoxicated state. Either he was more than just drunk, or the cop was a jerk. I was suggesting that he was more than just drunk when others indicated that this might not be true. I don't know how this works in Tuscaloosa. I know how it works in Ohio. Cops don't harass students in Columbus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.