News Article: The Quarterback Making Alabama Scarier Than Ever-WSJ

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

The Crimson Tide have won five of the last nine national championships, but they have never had a passer like Tua Tagovailoa

"................................ According to the school’s record books dating back to the program’s first game in 1892, an Alabama quarterback has thrown for four or more touchdowns in a game only 16 times. Tagovailoa owns three of those occasions. He has only started six games."

The Quarterback Making Alabama Scarier Than Ever

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

The Crimson Tide have won five of the last nine national championships, but they have never had a passer like Tua Tagovailoa

"................................ According to the school’s record books dating back to the program’s first game in 1892, an Alabama quarterback has thrown for four or more touchdowns in a game only 16 times. Tagovailoa owns three of those occasions. He has only started six games."

The Quarterback Making Alabama Scarier Than Ever

And has not tossed a 4th qrt pass yet this year LOL. This is going to be a great year.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Until Tua came along.
Joe Namath was probably our best QB.
AJ was a close second.

NOW THERE IS NO CONTEST.

Games we scored 50-60 points could have been 70-75 points if Tua had been turned lose and allowed to play hard for 4 quarters.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
How are y'all getting past the subscription firewall to read the full article? I can only see the first paragraph.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
There's no doubt. It's early with our toughest games yet to come but this could easily go down as the greatest Alabama team ever.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I was able to read it on my iphone.

The comment section was especially rich. Plenty of barners, of course.

One guy was arguing the Saban won because he was at Bama, and he wouldn't do as well at a mid tier school. Well, duh. We used to say even a DuBose or Shula could coach up a ten win season at Bama.
Teaming Bama up with Saban was like using rocket fuel in a Lamborghini. ( A winning pair, said the Bear. Kind of like Coco-cola and Golden Flake chips, but so much better.)

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
How are y'all getting past the subscription firewall to read the full article? I can only see the first paragraph.
I'm seeing the same thing as you. Usually it happens when you have seen a couple or three articles from the site within the the past month. I get the same thing from the Times and Washington Post.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
He's a heck of a player, and as some are noting that Saban and Bama are a great mix that make each other better, the same can be said about Tua's talent mixing with the other guys on the offensive side of the ball. It must be like driving a Ferrari right now.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
I have been following Bama football for 60 years and Tua is the best I have seen. although Joe Namath was very good. Kenny Stabler was also very good but they didn't have the receivers Tua has.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
It's possible that this Bama offense could be the scariest in the history of college football, not just Bama football. Oregon was pretty good with Marcus Mariota but he didn't have the players around him that we got and OSU finally shut them down. OU with Baker Mayfield was also scary last season but again, I don't think he had the talent around him that we got. We also have a better defense than both Oregon and OU during those years.

GA_Tide

1st Team
Aug 24, 2006
Canton, Ga
I'm seeing the same thing as you. Usually it happens when you have seen a couple or three articles from the site within the the past month. I get the same thing from the Times and Washington Post.
FYI, if you really want to get past the 3 article limit at those sites, you can just open them up in an Incognito or Private browser window. That will give you a session that doesn't have access to all your stored cookies.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
It's possible that this Bama offense could be the scariest in the history of college football, not just Bama football. Oregon was pretty good with Marcus Mariota but he didn't have the players around him that we got and OSU finally shut them down. OU with Baker Mayfield was also scary last season but again, I don't think he had the talent around him that we got. We also have a better defense than both Oregon and OU during those years.
USC 2005, Nebraska 1995 and Florida 2008 were three of the best that I have seen. Also, as much as it pains me to say, 2010 barn. That team literally just outscored teams with their offense and pedestrian defense. Alabama has that same vibe right now. Hopefully the defense can get better.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.