Blog: ND Nation: Irish Rolled by Alabama

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
http://ndnation.com/archives/3658

Update 1/8/2013: Sorry for the short summary above, but the game ended very late and traffic out of the stadium was horrible. As I sit here in the Miami Airport, here are the answers to the pregame questions:
Will Notre Dame be emotionally prepared to get off to a solid start in the game? No, the Irish were clearly not ready to play a game of this magnitude.
Can the Irish defenders tackle well enough to keep Lacy and Yeldon from breaking long runs? Not at all. The Irish were actually in position to make many tackles for limited yardage, but were not physically up to it.
Will McCarron hurt Notre Dame with screens and deep play action passes? The Irish handled the screens fairly well, but the deep and intermediate passes were wide open all night. McCarron had enough time in the pocket to wave to his hot girlfriend in the stands.
Which special teams will contribute a game-changing play? Almost, but the referees didn’t see it that way. Later in the game, the Irish special teams grew progressively worse.
Will the Irish score touchdowns or be forced to settle for field goals? Notre Dame scored touchdowns, but few people were still awake to see them.
Can Alabama effectively neutralize Manti Te’o? Manti Who?
Will Golson’s mobility be a difference maker for the Irish? Alabama’s puirsuit made even Golson look slow. He did manage to escape long enough to throw the ball away on a few occasions.
Which team will have the most energy in the fourth quarter? Saban was still coaching like a madman in the fourth quarter, but the most energy displayed during the period was the fight between McCarron and center Barrett Jones.
Thanks to the Irish for a great season and many more good memories than bad. Now, go and hit the weight room in the offseason, boys.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Once again a loss goes to prove that it can turn a man clinically insane!

Comments from the article:

Alabama is the better team, but this is truly a disappointing and heartbreaking way to end an otherwise Cinderella season. There were some crap calls in the first quarter, but I’m not sure if it would have altered the outcome to any significant degree. Dee Milliner was all over Tyler Eifert like an 18yr old marine on a stripper, but the refs never called pass interference.
As you people sadly again and again tell yourselves this was a great season, it makes me want to puke, It was all for nothing and this game was disgusting, humiliating and embarrassing ro any Irish fan. They were not ready due to the ignorance of one Brian Kelly and his pathetic coaching. Golson should be a super star but just like many other Q-Backs that have gone through Notre Dame in recent years with less than anywhere near good coaching – he will wind up like all the rest. Kelly is not the answer and they win inspite of the jerk. Please look at the preperation after this game and last year with Florida State. Now I hope for all our sakes Notre Dame does NOT go out and extend this loser for another 10 years so we can fire him and pay him forever. Get some gumption people. This was sickening to me and will be for a long time. And for the guy that said he believes we will improve next year. Hard to improve on an undefeated season and hard to be disgusting in your next game, but they did it. This is not the time to get over it – it is time to hold some somebody accountable for this nauseating performance after having 6 weeks to get ready.

FOREVER: BIG WORDS FROM A TEAM ONLY BEATING ND TWICE IN 6 TIMES.OVERATED MAYBE BUT YOU ARE LUCKY LES MILES IS AN IDIOT AND KSU AND OREGON LOST. JOHNNY FOOTBALL WILL HANDLE YOUR BUTT AGAIN AND PRAY YOUR WHORE COACH DOESN’T GO BACK TO THE NFL. ALSO OUR LINEBACKERS HAVE AN EDUCATION AND I WOULD RATHER BE A GOLDEN DOMER THAN A MOBILE HOMER!

Good coaches don’t get blown off the field with a month and half to prepare. That’s totally inexcusable in a game of this magnitude, even to a superior team. Also, it’s a disgrace that in year 3 Kelly hasn’t managed to develop a punt return unit capable of making a fair catch without it being an adventure or finding someone to put back there who knows to let the ball go if its inside the ten yard line. Finally, what is the offensive identity of this team? Is it a spread offense or a smash mouth power running team. Pick one, recruit to it, and become proficient. It was a great year, but there are still a lot of questions moving forward. Go irish!!!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
As you people sadly again and again tell yourselves this was a great season, it makes me want to puke, It was all for nothing and this game was disgusting, humiliating and embarrassing ro any Irish fan. They were not ready due to the ignorance of one Brian Kelly and his pathetic coaching. Golson should be a super star but just like many other Q-Backs that have gone through Notre Dame in recent years with less than anywhere near good coaching – he will wind up like all the rest. Kelly is not the answer and they win inspite of the jerk. Please look at the preperation after this game and last year with Florida State. Now I hope for all our sakes Notre Dame does NOT go out and extend this loser for another 10 years so we can fire him and pay him forever. Get some gumption people. This was sickening to me and will be for a long time. And for the guy that said he believes we will improve next year. Hard to improve on an undefeated season and hard to be disgusting in your next game, but they did it. This is not the time to get over it – it is time to hold some somebody accountable for this nauseating performance after having 6 weeks to get ready.
this is just stupid. Kelly is a better coach than I thought. give him a couple of years with good recruiting and his offense and they will be tough.

FOREVER: BIG WORDS FROM A TEAM ONLY BEATING ND TWICE IN 6 TIMES.OVERATED MAYBE BUT YOU ARE LUCKY LES MILES IS AN IDIOT AND KSU AND OREGON LOST. JOHNNY FOOTBALL WILL HANDLE YOUR BUTT AGAIN AND PRAY YOUR WHORE COACH DOESN’T GO BACK TO THE NFL. ALSO OUR LINEBACKERS HAVE AN EDUCATION AND I WOULD RATHER BE A GOLDEN DOMER THAN A MOBILE HOMER!
this is just sad, bless his wittle heart. guess he didn't know a Bama player won he academic heisman.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Thanks, Ras, for the posts. I was just about to go to other boards to read their drivel. I love reading all the pain and envy. Well deserved.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Alabama is the better team, but this is truly a disappointing and heartbreaking way to end an otherwise Cinderella season. There were some crap calls in the first quarter, but I’m not sure if it would have altered the outcome to any significant degree. Dee Milliner was all over Tyler Eifert like an 18yr old marine on a stripper, but the refs never called pass interference.
Turns out it was a Cinderella season. After 12 (wins), they turned into pumpkins.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
The blog writer was realistic, while being a bit over-the-top with how bad the Irish played (their passing game had decent success once it went away from trying to force it to Eifert).

I really didn't like the comments about the intelligence of our players; it just corroborates the stereotypical ND fan thinking he's better than everyone else. The poster actually mentioned Graduation rates in a way that implied we don't graduate players, which really shows his ignorance if he actually looked at our grad rates.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I think the ND fans need to follow the lead of their coach when he said his team had made tremendous strides to get to the NC game and now he knew the level required to win the NC. No blaming questionable calls -- yes there were a few -- but admitting the only way his team could win in the second half was if Alabama never left the dressing room. Not a Brian Kelly fan, but have to give him props for this.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Once again a loss goes to prove that it can turn a man clinically insane!

Comments from the article:

Wow - go 12-0 but lose badly and you want the coach fired. From this guys comments, he built up his team so hard to his friends, family and anyone who would listen before the game and when we blew them out he lost his manhood.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
This just reinforces my hatred for all things ND; from those stupid golden helmets, the BCS rules just for them and there arrogant fans (they may be worse then AU fans). It's what makes this win so great, the best Bama win of my lifetime. Honestly, I'm thrilled that we won back-to-back NCs but, I think I more ecstatic that we embarrassed the domers. The order changes from week to week but, right now, the fan bases I hate the most are 1) ND 2) AU 3) UT.

UGH! I've got to stop reading their fan's comments when you guys post them or I'll end up saying something that will get me sent on a vacation.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.