Wrapping my head around what we witnessed last night

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
Earlier this morning sipping coffee still somewhat in awe over last nights win, I can't help but try and put it to words. I suck at it but oh well. Forum formatting was all messed up earlier so I didn't post.

For the past two seasons Bama has dominated every opponent in its path. Except last night. It took Alabama playing its worst fundamentally sound game in two years and LSU's best effort of three games within those two years, and they still couldn't beat the Tide. LSU had everything in its favor last night with Alabama on the ropes gasping for air. But this Tide team dug deep within itself and just like strong metal it bent but never broke. At the end of both halves the Tide unleashed impressive score leading drives. As AJ said in post game comments "the guys had the look in their eyes" when referencing the desire to score and win.

I am saying it now. We will make it to the national championship game. There is no doubt in my mind now. We faced every possible scenario last night to lose it all. Les was almost right when he said Tiger Stadium is where dreams come to die. In fact that might of even helped this Tide team in reminding them just what was at stake and about to slip away last night. Who knows? But what I saw last night was a team that knew they didn't play to the standard they set here. Instead of folding like most teams would have, they hung in there and weathered an almost hurricane category storm surge but they were not going to be denied. Every championship team has to be gut checked at leas once during the season before entering the big stage. Rarely does an undefeated team make it. But with all the cards stacked against us last night, this team never gave up and that is why I think nobody will stop us from making it to the big dance. Nobody can replicate what LSU gave us, in Tiger Stadium at night.

Did LSU deserve the win last night? Yes. I'm not going to dispute that fact at all. They played better than us for most of the night. But the better team won and don't let anyone try to spin it otherwise. Eerily opposite of last years game in BDS. The cajuns now know what we all felt last year. LSU had us circled since January and I'm sure prepared for us since then due to how we embarrassed them, now twice in thir state.....at night. They had a week off to rest. They had an electric charged night time atmosphere that could of powered the state on its own resources. They had a QB that finally lived up to the hype and torched our secondary in the second half. They gashed us with their running game a few times with their multi-headed stable of backs. They even resorted to trickery and the return of the Mad Hatter. Add all of that with our own .... poor execution on tackling and multiple mental errors and we still would not be denied.

Saban was right all along. He tried to explain it. This was indeed a boxing match. We traded blows for 60 minutes. We got knocked down but never knocked out of the fight. Instead we weathered the storm, bloody nose and all, but before the final bell rang we delivered a furry of punches ultimately knocking our opponent out cold. It was almost like Rocky part 2012.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just so proud of our guys. I know none of what I said is news to us. We know what we are about. I just think its our year, again. Roll Tide everyone!

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Great post and why I took offense to people bring up possible issues. A football teams performance is not linear, teams veer off and on a course. A weakness will turn into a strength the next game. That win was nothing other than impressive if you pull away from viewing it on paper.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
That's not a rant; it's a good attempt at putting into words a game that will go down as one of this year's defining moments. We were all worn out by the time TJ took that screen pass into the endzone.

I didn't DVR so I plan to watch the replay later tonight on ESPNU to make sure I didn't dream the whole thing.

RTR

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
I didn't DVR so I plan to watch the replay later tonight on ESPNU to make sure I didn't dream the whole thing.

RTR
I am about to watch it on TV after seeing it live in BR. I rank this one right up there with the '98 win against LSU. Still on Cloud 9 but the TV replay might bring me back to reality after seeing how we could have let this one slip away.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Earlier this morning sipping coffee still somewhat in awe over last nights win, I can't help but try and put it to words. I suck at it but oh well. Forum formatting was all messed up earlier so I didn't post.

For the past two seasons Bama has dominated every opponent in its path. Except last night. It took Alabama playing its worst fundamentally sound game in two years and LSU's best effort of three games within those two years, and they still couldn't beat the Tide. LSU had everything in its favor last night with Alabama on the ropes gasping for air. But this Tide team dug deep within itself and just like strong metal it bent but never broke. At the end of both halves the Tide unleashed impressive score leading drives. As AJ said in post game comments "the guys had the look in their eyes" when referencing the desire to score and win.

I am saying it now. We will make it to the national championship game. There is no doubt in my mind now. We faced every possible scenario last night to lose it all. Les was almost right when he said Tiger Stadium is where dreams come to die. In fact that might of even helped this Tide team in reminding them just what was at stake and about to slip away last night. Who knows? But what I saw last night was a team that knew they didn't play to the standard they set here. Instead of folding like most teams would have, they hung in there and weathered an almost hurricane category storm surge but they were not going to be denied. Every championship team has to be gut checked at leas once during the season before entering the big stage. Rarely does an undefeated team make it. But with all the cards stacked against us last night, this team never gave up and that is why I think nobody will stop us from making it to the big dance. Nobody can replicate what LSU gave us, in Tiger Stadium at night.

Did LSU deserve the win last night? Yes. I'm not going to dispute that fact at all. They played better than us for most of the night. But the better team won and don't let anyone try to spin it otherwise. Eerily opposite of last years game in BDS. The cajuns now know what we all felt last year. LSU had us circled since January and I'm sure prepared for us since then due to how we embarrassed them, now twice in thir state.....at night. They had a week off to rest. They had an electric charged night time atmosphere that could of powered the state on its own resources. They had a QB that finally lived up to the hype and torched our secondary in the second half. They gashed us with their running game a few times with their multi-headed stable of backs. They even resorted to trickery and the return of the Mad Hatter. Add all of that with our own .... poor execution on tackling and multiple mental errors and we still would not be denied.

Saban was right all along. He tried to explain it. This was indeed a boxing match. We traded blows for 60 minutes. We got knocked down but never knocked out of the fight. Instead we weathered the storm, bloody nose and all, but before the final bell rang we delivered a furry of punches ultimately knocking our opponent out cold. It was almost like Rocky part 2012.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just so proud of our guys. I know none of what I said is news to us. We know what we are about. I just think its our year, again. Roll Tide everyone!
I wish my java made me that erudite and eloquent

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Same here. I'm still pumped about the win. I don't know about anyone else, but on that last drive I sat in silence just hoping Alabama at least gets a field goal and takes it into OT. But when Norwood caught the pass on the sidelines I had a feeling we were going to score. Then when the LSU Defense lined up to blitz I knew it would be a dump pass, screen, whatever pass to the RB. It was one of those moments you could predict.

I even read comments from LSU fans after the game and one said "the second Yeldon caught the ball, I knew it was over."

I can't be the only one who had that gut feeling we would score on the last drive.

big_fan78

Scout Team
Nov 17, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
I am always the one cleaning house working off nervous energy. While my Husband sits patiently telling me to have faith. I wish I was more like him.

I will say though last year and this years game was the same on two fronts. One being the team that played the best lostand two is Alabama played the worse they've played all season both games.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
After a day to fully wrap this game around my head as well..This was a truly epic win for our Boys..Ordinarily this game is an intense rivalry since Coach Saban became our HC..The "Swamp Kittens" have been salivating to get their shot of revenge since we beat them in the NCGame last year..So much so..I honestly think it's had an adverse reaction to their season..All year long when they played games..Their minds wasn't on the opponent they were playing..Their minds was on revenge against us..That's the only reasoning I can think of for their lackluster play this year..We took not only their best shot..We took their best shot of revenge building up in them since we beat them to win the NC last year..

I honestly think they sold out on their season up to this point getting ready for us..Cause the LSU team we played last night..Wasn't the same LSU team we've seen struggle this season..Now that we've played them..I guarantee they will play like a Top 5 team they should be..This wasn't just an ordinary victory for us..There's not a team in college football besides us that could have handled LSU last night & come out victorious..JMO

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.