Good, bad, ugly: bulldog the first edition

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Good: man, I remember thinking like so many, our defense was gonna be way behind the power curve this year. 2 top 20 shutouts later......I'm an idiot.

Bad: his knee. His leg. Oh dear good wrap that boy in bubble wrap. My left knees garbage but my right is legit. TAKE IT TUA! I DON'T NEED IT

ugly: the refs. Even though many a call was in our favor. You're telling me one of the most profitable conferences in one of the most profitable sports can't get damn full time, well trained, well payed referees?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Over/under on "Tua's knee" in this thread?:wink:

Good: UA defense and 2 straight shut outs
Bad & Ugly: Tua getting hit so many times.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Good - Both defenses, the 49 yard FG and the win
Bad - The injuries - hope everyone is fine for Auburn
Ugly - The cheap shots on Tua and the fall-off of play by the offensive line when Brown went down.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
GOOD: Defense/shutout win, 49 yd field goal
BAD: How our offense handled blitz at times, fumble
UGLY: shots to Tua's lower half

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
ugly: the refs. Even though many a call was in our favor. You're telling me one of the most profitable conferences in one of the most profitable sports can't get damn full time, well trained, well payed referees?

Bama had 0 penalties in this game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
And a fumble not called against us, and miss st points taken off the board due to a bad call about block to the back

Yeah, the refs sure didn't do anything in this game to squash the rumors from opposing fans that we get preferential treatment.

But, I think the MSU DB throwing up his hands gave the sidejudge the false impression he actually did block our DB in the back. That's what most players do after they block in the back. Either way, ref blew that call.

But, MSU wasn't going to score more than that on us. It's not like it cost them the game. They've got a good enough defense to beat just about anybody not named Alabama, but their offense is offensive!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Good: Win, 49 yd FG, shut out on D -- again.

Bad: Tua getting beat up, O Line allowing it.

Ugly: State D landing on Tua's leg (though it was a clean hit).

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Good: Win, Entire Defensive Performance, No missed kicks especially XP's.

Bad: The Playcalling and lack of Adjustments by Locks. Allowing a bunch of 3-Stars to hold our Offense to HALF it's usual yardage and points. Just completely out-coached and out-schemed. No way their D was THAT much better than our O.

Ugly: The O-Line when Deonte left the game. They were ABYSMAL and 100% responsible for Tua getting blasted multiple times. I would run them tomorrow morning until they puked after that crap.

Ridiculous: Teams taking cheap shots at Tua 2 weeks in a row in a blatant attempt to injure him.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
THE GOOD..... Our running game.
THE BAD....... Going after Tua's knees.
THE UGLY...... As usual. The Referees were atrocious.

Gary Danielson knows zip about football, but he harps about his opinions, like he was a coach.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Good: Defense, especially Quinnen Williams and Mack Wilson. O-line before Deionte Brown left the game. Josh Jacobs

Bad: O-line after Deionte Brown left the game, big time. Why such a huge drop-off when Cotton came in?

Ugly: Attempts to injure Tua. Refs, of course.

Unbearable: Gary Danielson in Wanna-be referee mode. Harp on bad calls, Gary, but would love to see the same outrage about calls (or no-calls) that go against Bama as about the ones that go for.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Good - Both defenses, the 49 yard FG and the win
Bad - The injuries - hope everyone is fine for Auburn
Ugly - The cheap shots on Tua and the fall-off of play by the offensive line when Brown went down.
Re your ugly - why didn't play calling adapt when Brown left the game? Or if it did, it wasn't noticeable/effective.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
THE GOOD..... Our running game.
THE BAD....... Going after Tua's knees.
THE UGLY...... As usual. The Referees were atrocious.

Gary Danielson knows zip about football, but he harps about his opinions, like he was a coach.
Danielson has forgotten more about football than most of the people on this board will ever know. Unfortunately he uses that to get on a soap box and selectively point out certain things while totally ignoring others (holding our d-line or receivers, hitting our QB at the knee while in the pocket). BTW - a runner is down when any part of his body other than and or foot touches the ground (not just the knee). A case can be made for Damien’s ankle being on the ground the way he was bent up in the pile before the ball came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Good : Shutout

Bad : Tua getting re injured AGAIN

UGLY : SEC refs, fire em all and start over. So many bad and missed calls, we got some great breaks but that is not the point. I want to win by the rules not by bad calls for either side. This has gotten to the point of stupidity. SANKEY must do something, this stuff is hurting our conference as a whole.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.