Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. MSU...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Yeah they haven't had much to eeyore about this year so I guess let them... Its their time.

But Ive said for weeks that MSU has a better defense as a whole than LSU. But the sunshine pumper crowd just couldn't accept it because its MSU. Point is we played a very good defense and a pretty good team and still shut them out by 3 scores.
You also said the gunslinger was gonna give us trouble......it’s hard to know when you might be right ;)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I love Mack....even love him wanting to stand up for his QB.

But I wish he hadn't said that last line or the Hashtag.

Just because other teams are playing dirty doesn't mean we should put a message out there that insinuates we would sink that low too.
I like it - give them something to think about.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I like it - give them something to think about.
I don't think it does for the next two games. It just grabs the refs attention to watch out for Alabama players trying to answer a dirty play with a dirty play.

Plus AU doesn't care if Stidham gets hurt if the tradeoff is knocking out Tua and ruining our season. They don't even want Stidham back next year. This is no deterrent at all for them. I'm legit worried that AU is going to repeatedly try and end Tua's season.

Mack's words are only a possible deterrent in the SECCG and CFP..... UGA doesn't want to lose Fromm, Clemson doesn't want to lose Sunshine, ND doesn't want to lose Ian Book again etc etc...

I don't know what we can do at this point except the O-Line and Rb's get their mess together and keep Tua from getting hit any type of way.

Dear lord the lack of pocket protection was U.G.L.Y last night.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You also said the gunslinger was gonna give us trouble......it’s hard to know when you might be right ;)
Well he did a lot more damage to us than that messiah of a qb that many on here believed LSU found.... Cant be right all the time, but if I can be more right than wrong then Ill take it. ;)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
As I said in the other thread - there are a few jobs I'm not wired for, and coaching is one of them. I'd have zero problem taking opposing players out if they were attempting to hurt my own.

Play legitimately or don't - it's your call.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I was at the game... so I just saw the replay. When Tua was sacked and hurt, the MSU player speared him with his helmet into his leg. It was deliberate.
Yeah, and when was the last time you remember a ref calling a penalty for spearing? It’s an extinct penalty and holding is one the endangered species list. There would be no need for all the new rules and targeting etc if refs would just call the penalties already in the rule book. Officiating has degraded to the point of being no existent over the last few years. IMO, if the refs would just enforce the rulebook a lot injuries would avoided.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
As I said in the other thread - there are a few jobs I'm not wired for, and coaching is one of them. I'd have zero problem taking opposing players out if they were attempting to hurt my own.

Play legitimately or don't - it's your call.
I would be the same way honestly. Heck last night I wanted to drive to T-Town and jump that MSU thug that tried to tear Tua's knee up. I'm still hot about it this morning.

I guess the only point I'm stressing is it's probably best not to make that public though and give the officials something else to be looking out for to penalize you.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well, injuries aren't helping and our schedule was back-loaded, but I do agree that Michigan and Clemson have made strides.

The more pessimistic side of me would add that teams seem to be catching on to the offense and that our offensive staff seems dumbfounded as to how to cut the predictability and make counter adjustments, but the jury's really still out on that...
Yesterday was the first time Alabama didn't have 500 yards of offense, and the loss of Deonte Brown appeared to be the main reason.

Tell your more pessimistic side to not worry just yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't deny that Miss St's defense is good but it seemed more to be a very vanilla offensive game plan accompanied with a group of guys who were playing in "we've clinched" mode. There was no doubt or denying the defense was playing in another gear and with a lot more intensity than the offense.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I wonder why we took Jacobs out on that last offensive drive. He was running really hard and making plays. I think Damien is a great back, but Jacobs was in the zone and should've stayed in. On the 4th down play on the 2 yard line, I would've put Jacobs in the wildcat with Damien beside him. Fake it to Damien and run the bootleg. In fact, if Mac had kept it, he could've walked in.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder why we took Jacobs out on that last offensive drive. He was running really hard and making plays. I think Damien is a great back, but Jacobs was in the zone and should've stayed in. On the 4th down play on the 2 yard line, I would've put Jacobs in the wildcat with Damien beside him. Fake it to Damien and run the bootleg. In fact, if Mac had kept it, he could've walked in.
Cost you a TD. He hits the hole like he is angry - total disregard for his body. Love DH, but he does not run angry.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not really - they're pretty much equally ranked but MSU has played a tougher schedule. MSU will likely be the best overall D Bama faces this year, including post-season. Michigan looks to be as good, if not better, than MSU, but that's it.
After watching the "offenses" in that Ohio St-Michigan St game yesterday, I think their stats are a lot like Texas having the #2 rushing defense in 2009 - a happy accident with no basis in reality.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.