Link: Let's put it to rest - Nick Saban: College 'where I belong'

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
You must've missed the hand-wringing threads we've had in the last few weeks.

No matter how many times we tell folks he's not leaving, they post tweets / articles / rumors fearing the worst...
Yeah I've read those threads. I've read the rumors over the weeks, even though I try not to. But my question is did they really think he would leave, or were they hoping he would leave? Opposing fans and even people in the media have a hatred for Alabama and I doubt any of them truly believe he might leave Alabama after everything he's accomplished.

All of us here knew he wasn't going anywhere.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Numerous posts on the AU boards, pleading with God to please move him - anywhere!
I work with a couple of AU grads and I shut them up real fast when I told them there was much more stress by AU fans over Saban staying at Bama than there was stress by Bama fans of him leaving. They agreed! In fact, I told them there was a greater chance of the man retiring at Bama than of him leaving and I think they are starting to come to terms about it. So now I hear about Malzahn on occasion and I tell them to not be shocked if Saban is still at Bama after Malzahn is gone.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I think we should just respect his decisions period and just enjoy his time here. Just keep quite at seasons end on the subject. His inner thoughts are more secure than the CIA, and we can't read him.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Not to spoil it for anyone, but Saban could curse each NFL owner by name on public TV, saying, "You are all demons, I hate you, and I don't want to coach for your team!" But, rival fans will still post annual rumors that Saban might go to the NFL. Or Texas. Or wherever.

In the meantime, we just need to keep track of how many championships, exactly, he has won here. Three and counting.

Snce the BCS has only been around for 15 years (wow!), I am looking at AP national champions. Only Florida has won more than two titles in the same time it has taken us to win four.

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
Now that is a dynasty even if he doesn't want to use that word. It's only going to get better. :smile:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.