Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
If you saw someone assaulting a lady would you intervene to stop it or would you stand idly by and call the police for help?
So training to assassinate BO and HC is equivalent to helping a lady? Does it have to be any lady? Maybe specifically a little old lady? What about a guy who was being assaulted? At what part of the false equivalency argument between training to assassinate BO and HC and stopping an assault does it begin to break down?

I imagine you were trying to create a false equivalency between militia people going down to the border to stop people from crossing illegally and that of a random good citizen stepping in to prevent a crime.

At this point, as long as you are willing to go with this argument, you might as well go whole hog.

So yes, if I were to purposefully drive to find and prevent ladies from being assaulted in a location that I did not live in, I would probably not call the police. I have another false equivalency. If you went to a restaurant and wanted food, would you call their take out number or just speak to the hostess?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm know nothing about the group, I'm simply addressing a citizen detaining someone who has broken the law until law enforcement officials arrive to arrest the perpetrator. Is that wrong?
for what I feel is the billionth time one of us has said this on nonsports

asking for Asylum after crossing the border in the US is not illegal, in fact is explicitly the legal way to do it

you can now proceed with whatever point you are trying to make

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
for what I feel is the billionth time one of us has said this on nonsports

asking for Asylum after crossing the border in the US is not illegal, in fact is explicitly the legal way to do it

you can now proceed with whatever point you are trying to make
But most aren't truly seeking asylum.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

ICE raids: what we know

ICE plans to sweep major cities on Sunday in a series of raids as part of an effort to detain 2,000 immigrants who have been issued final orders of removal.

The raids were originally scheduled for June at President Donald Trump’s request; however, the president postponed them shortly before they were set to begin to give Congress time to craft immigration reform legislation. Trump threatened to move forward with the raids if the legislative branch failed to make progress within two weeks.
That deadline has now passed, and ICE officials announced last week that the agency would raid cities including Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, and San Francisco beginning Sunday. Because of Tropical Storm Barry, the raids on New Orleans and Houston will reportedly be postponed.
"Using the term raid, does everyone a disservice." ~ Matt Albence, acting ICE Director

Does the immigrant community mentioned by the mayors in the above segment also include illegal immigrants? If so, I think that is quite disingenuous.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

ICE raids: what we know

"Using the term raid, does everyone a disservice." ~ Matt Albence, acting ICE Director

Does the immigrant community mentioned by the mayors in the above segment also include illegal immigrants? If so, I think that is quite disingenuous.
If this is truly about deporting criminals I have no problem with it at all. The problem is when the president is a proven pathological liar, I have no idea what to believe.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I would feel better if asylum applicants actually received notice of their hearings, which they don't. Sometimes, it's not easy, but the methods are not really calculated to reach immigrants...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I would feel better if asylum applicants actually received notice of their hearings, which they don't. Sometimes, it's not easy, but the methods are not really calculated to reach immigrants...
From what I understand, those targeted have already had their day in court and were ordered to leave.

What's happening now is enforcement of the judge's orders as a result of those court hearings.

What I don't like is the term "raid" being used for this enforcement and I also don't understand why this is getting so much attention in the media, unless it's just for political purposes or to generate ratings, both of which don't necessarily help the situation.

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
From what I understand, those targeted have already had their day in court and were ordered to leave.

What's happening now is enforcement of the judge's orders as a result of those court hearings.

What I don't like is the term "raid" being used for this enforcement and I also don't understand why this is getting so much attention in the media, unless it's just for political purposes or the generate ratings, both of which don't necessarily help the situation.
It’s getting a lot of attention because the president has talked about it a lot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.