The policy of liberalism..,,,

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My next sneaker purchase may be Nikes. If it upsets one snowflake, it will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know, at first I was more in line with " the stance being in poor taste opinion but to each their own" , but after listening and reflecting on the protest Ive gone the other way more. But the over the top overreactions by the Trumpflakes has pulled me way more on Colin's side.

You know, at first I was more in line with " the stance being in poor taste opinion but to each their own" , but after listening and reflecting on the protest Ive gone the other way more. But the over the top overreactions by the Trumpflakes has pulled me way more on Colin's side.
Wow! You’d side with a walking hypocrite. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
This thread title was more meant to mock the thread title “ the policy of trumpism”. I think we all get what the OP was aiming for in that the Looney left and SJWs are trying to dictate what the message is that left leaning corporations want to send to consumers. So I just offered a more accurate take on the title’s intent, but to be honest it really should be “ Nike cancels Betty Ross Flag shoe because Colon Kapernick said it was racist” ( don’t know if that exceeds the limit but you get the point).
You are exactly correct. Let’s run Tebow out of the NFL and mock his faith but let Collin do what he wants to do. Please tell me I’m wrong.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Hopefully he’ show up an vote for the first time.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You are exactly correct. Let’s run Tebow out of the NFL and mock his faith but let Collin do what he wants to do. Please tell me I’m wrong.
Tebow was ran out of the NFL because he was a TE trying to be a qb, not because of his beliefs. Anyone that actually NFL football would know that.

Colin was a slightly above average NFL QB that took a controversial stance that brought fear to owners pocket books.

Tebow literally has one defining moment in his NFL career, and it just happened to be against one of the worst NFL defenses that year with an offense that was severely banged up. Tebow got schooled the next week by one of the worst Patriots teams in the last 19 years.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Tebow was ran out of the NFL because he was a TE trying to be a qb, not because of his beliefs. Anyone that actually NFL football would know that.

Colin was a slightly above average NFL QB that took a controversial stance that brought fear to owners pocket books.

Tebow literally has one defining moment in his NFL career, and it just happened to be against one of the worst NFL defenses that year with an offense that was severely banged up. Tebow got schooled the next week by one of the worst Patriots teams in the last 19 years.
I'd quarrel even with that. He had already lost his starting job. It was easy for other GMs not to hire him. I'll always believe that he started his protest not as an altruistic campaign but because he thought he should be starting and wasn't because of race...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'd quarrel even with that. He had already lost his starting job. .
That was more because Tomulsa and him never synched and latter Gabbert on paper fitted Chip's offense better. But when Gabbart proved he was horrible CK started the rest of the way. But even that really doesn't disprove that he was a better than average qb. I mean if you want to try that then you would have to convince me that Flacco isn't better than close to half the starters in the NFL because he got benched.

In 2016 there were atleast 15 starters that CK was better than. In 2017 I would say it was about the same, but even then he was atleast the best backup available.

It was easy for other GMs not to hire him.

While I give him the credit of having 2 solid years and leading his team to 1 SB and 2 NFCCGs, he was only slightly better than average. Usually that gets you a job, but his protest was not standing for the National Anthem... Well here is the thing, the NFL has a huge deal with the DOD, and that is the reason why everybody is out on the field during the NA. Ever wondered why the NFL PA announcers phrase it " Please rise, and honor America and the troops abroad" during NFL games and not college games? Budweiser also has a huge deal with DOD and the NFL. If DOD ever pull out because they felt the NFL was endorsing CK then the NFL could potentially lose its two biggest sponsors in one day. So the fear of losing sponsorships is probably the driving reason. If Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Patrick Mahommes did it then they wouldn't fear not having a job next year.

. I'll always believe that he started his protest not as an altruistic campaign but because he thought he should be starting and wasn't because of race...
I think there is some truth in that.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That was more because Tomulsa and him never synched and latter Gabbert on paper fitted Chip's offense better. But when Gabbart proved he was horrible CK started the rest of the way. But even that really doesn't disprove that he was a better than average qb. I mean if you want to try that then you would have to convince me that Flacco isn't better than close to half the starters in the NFL because he got benched.

In 2016 there were atleast 15 starters that CK was better than. In 2017 I would say it was about the same, but even then he was atleast the best backup available.

While I give him the credit of having 2 solid years and leading his team to 1 SB and 2 NFCCGs, he was only slightly better than average. Usually that gets you a job, but his protest was not standing for the National Anthem... Well here is the thing, the NFL has a huge deal with the DOD, and that is the reason why everybody is out on the field during the NA. Ever wondered why the NFL PA announcers phrase it " Please rise, and honor America and the troops abroad" during NFL games and not college games? Budweiser also has a huge deal with DOD and the NFL. If DOD ever pull out because they felt the NFL was endorsing CK then the NFL could potentially lose its two biggest sponsors in one day. So the fear of losing sponsorships is probably the driving reason. If Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Patrick Mahommes did it then they wouldn't fear not having a job next year.

I think there is some truth in that.
WaPo (paywall) The stats seem to say slightly worse than average...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
WaPo (paywall) The stats seem to say slightly worse than average...
You probably should look at that list a little harder. It’s saying a 1 win Kap is better than a playoff bound Dak Prescott, and Jared Goff is the best QB in the league.

The overall point I’m making is Kap is better than 10-15 QBs in the league which is what that actually proves by their metric. I still believe if it wasn’t for the fear of huge sponsors bailing if they signed Kap then he would’ve been playing.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You probably should look at that list a little harder. It’s saying a 1 win Kap is better than a playoff bound Dak Prescott, and Jared Goff is the best QB in the league.

The overall point I’m making is Kap is better than 10-15 QBs in the league which is what that actually proves by their metric. I still believe if it wasn’t for the fear of huge sponsors bailing if they signed Kap then he would’ve been playing.
OK, let's agree that he is either slightly worse or slightly better than average. OTOH, from watching him play, I can't agree that it's a certainty that he would be playing without his self-created controversy. We'll just have to agree to disagree. There were also reports that Kap's teammates weren't all on board with him...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
OK, let's agree that he is either slightly worse or slightly better than average. OTOH, from watching him play, I can't agree that it's a certainty that he would be playing without his self-created controversy. We'll just have to agree to disagree. There were also reports that Kap's teammates weren't all on board with him...
I can agree with that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I guess I think that, if he had been an outstanding talent, he would have been picked up. He was marginal, so nobody wanted him with the baggage and you can scarcely blame them...
I think he was good enough to start for a desperate team like the Bills, Dolphins, etc who were in a situation of breaking in another rookie qb, but not good enough to take a PR gamble on

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.