Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
“throwing shade”
“broke the internet”
Twitter “erupted”, “went crazy”, etc.
“clickbait”
Twitter
Can we just get rid of all the clickbait buzzwords?
I have yet to understand "throwing shade". I understand its meaning, but don't see any connection.

Dig in
Double down
blow back

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I just thought of another one. I hate when I hear the words "There is nothing worse than...." I guarantee no matter what you say after those words someone can come up with something worse. This phrase is used in a lot of commercials, too.

"There is nothing worse than a dead car battery." Yep. Dead car batteries definitely suck. But accidentally drinking battery acid would be much worse.

"There is nothing worse than shopping for razors." I use clippers and just trim, but I do occasionally buy razors. I don't think it sucks worse than shopping for anything else. The list of things worse than shopping for razors is almost infinitely long.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I just thought of another one. I hate when I hear the words "There is nothing worse than...." I guarantee no matter what you say after those words someone can come up with something worse. This phrase is used in a lot of commercials, too.

"There is nothing worse than a dead car battery." Yep. Dead car batteries definitely suck. But accidentally drinking battery acid would be much worse.

"There is nothing worse than shopping for razors." I use clippers and just trim, but I do occasionally buy razors. I don't think it sucks worse than shopping for anything else. The list of things worse than shopping for razors is almost infinitely long.
decapitation is worse than both of those things.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
decapitation is worse than both of those things.
Exactly! I think if their commercial said something like "Nothing is worse than babies dying of cancer" I could get on board with the idea that they might be right. But that phrase is always used for things that are, big picture, not really all that bad.

Oh, here is one that bugs me at work. I work as an accounting manager and all of the clerks here say "Bill Of Ladings." As many times as they have heard me say "Bills Of Lading," they still have not self-corrected, and I won't just directly point out that they are driving me crazy saying it wrong.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
“Proactive”, “drive results”, “Omni-channel”, “customer-centric”, and the latest that seems to making the rounds in business circles that I travel—“servant leadership”. Some of them are well-intended, but they are just worn out in their usage. It wouldn’t bother me if we deleted everyone of them from our vocabulary.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
“Proactive”, “drive results”, “Omni-channel”, “customer-centric”, and the latest that seems to making the rounds in business circles that I travel—“servant leadership”. Some of them are well-intended, but they are Just worn out in their usage. It wouldn’t bother me if we deleted everyone of them from our vocabulary.
that one makes me want to club baby seals.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
“Proactive”, “drive results”, “Omni-channel”, “customer-centric”, and the latest that seems to making the rounds in business circles that I travel—“servant leadership”. Some of them are well-intended, but they are just worn out in their usage. It wouldn’t bother me if we deleted everyone of them from our vocabulary.
Oh yeah, I hate those and I will add another...organic...as in most of our revenue growth was organic. One of my all time most hated, and this goes way back is "team"...as in we have a great team, as in business, not sports related.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Oh yeah, I hate those and I will add another...organic...as in most of our revenue growth was organic. One of my all time most hated, and this goes way back is "team"...as in we have a great team, as in business, not sports related.
Some of y'all aren't team players;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.