Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 8 - Case Dismissed)

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Re: Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest

I agree with those who think his dad was implying the whole thing happened because of the Alabama connection, not that his alibi is that he was in another state at the time.

I've been friends with football players at both the college and NFL levels and apparently there is just a class of chuckleheads wherever you go that think it is funny to try to provoke a fight if they recognize you as a player. Alcohol is almost always a contributing factor. Sometimes with the pro guys there is an ulterior motive.

I hope he is able to get this straightened out quickly.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Well it appears to me that whoever advised him to turn himself in at Tuscaloosa gave him some very bad advice. If he had drove back to where the warrant was issued he could have very likely been out on bail in a day or so depending on when he could see a judge. As it is he could sit in jail in Tuscaloosa several weeks before he is transfer back to where the warrant was issued.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Well it appears to me that whoever advised him to turn himself in at Tuscaloosa gave him some very bad advice. If he had drove back to where the warrant was issued he could have very likely been out on bail in a day or so depending on when he could see a judge. As it is he could sit in jail in Tuscaloosa several weeks before he is transfer back to where the warrant was issued.
According to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's website, he's already out of jail. There's no record of him being there.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

According to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's website, he's already out of jail. There's no record of him being there.
So he never was in jail...?:cool2:

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Perhaps he's trying to say that he was singled out because he is an Alabama football player. I just hate hearing stories like this from any team.

On another note, I read last night on my Alabama parent's Facebook page that the dorms at Alabama (mostly freshman now, they are required to live on campus) were "raided" by police with drug sniffing dogs and several arrests were made. I texted my son and the response I got was "we're fine, rumors were spreading like crazy". It was late, I didn't ask follow up questions. He's coming home this weekend for Easter And I'll ask him more about it, but several parents commented their kids had friends arrested. Point is, it's not just football players being expected to obey the law.
The dorms weren't "raided." There were a few arrests on warrants.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Also, that is common place every Spring. They trawl for two-bit college weed slingers all school year then lasso several up to justify the existence of their drug task force...because college students don't shoot at them, its an easy win ya know? :D

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Records: Video shows Tide player kicking victim

According to court records obtained by The Anniston Star on Wednesday, video shows Alabama defensive back Deionte Thompson kicking 18-year-old Noah Frillou in the head after Frillou had been punched in the face by another man in a March 18 brawl at Crystal Beach, Texas.

One witness, an unidentified female, said after she saw Frillou “get punched and fall to the ground, she observed two males kick Frillou while he was on the ground.” Officers identified the first man as 18-year-old Rufus Joseph, a football player at West Orange-Stark High School — Thompson’s alma mater.

When officers moved the video forward to show the second man, the witness “clearly remembered this person’s white Alabama hat.”

According to the affidavit of probable cause obtained by The Star, Thompson was wearing a white Alabama cap backward, a white sleeveless shirt, and gray and red shorts on the day of the fight.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Ryan Anderson and Wallace Gilberry say hi....

I agree with those who think his dad was implying the whole thing happened because of the Alabama connection, not that his alibi is that he was in another state at the time.

I've been friends with football players at both the college and NFL levels and apparently there is just a class of chuckleheads wherever you go that think it is funny to try to provoke a fight if they recognize you as a player. Alcohol is almost always a contributing factor. Sometimes with the pro guys there is an ulterior motive.

I hope he is able to get this straightened out quickly.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Sounds like the victim said some things he regretted immediately.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Sounds like the victim said some things he regretted immediately.
iirc, there was a similar incident (assuming a racial slur was used as was implied in the article) with rolando and some frat guy

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO

When officers moved the video forward to show the second man, the witness “clearly remembered this person’s white Alabama hat.”
Filing this away for the next white helmets discussion.

Bama_M.D.

Suspended
Aug 30, 2014

He better tell the guy he will give him a cut of his sign on NFL sign on bonus if he drops charges then problem solved

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Well, That's not good... anytime it includes violence and such... there's a chance Saban will kick him off the team, but let's hope it doesn't happen...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.