Link: SIAP - Christian Miller’s Dad’s Comments on SC radio show

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
That just reads badly in my view. I'd rather he tip his hat to Clemson and move on quickly. I don't like it when opposing teams diminish our victories and same applies when we get whipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
That just reads badly in my view. I'd rather he tip his hat to Clemson and move on quickly. I don't like it when opposing teams diminish our victories and same applies when we get whipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see anything bad with his interview. He was just being honest.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
So, he can't say he thought "we" were poorly prepared and outcoached?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
When you get beat by 28 pts and basically manhandled and embarrassed on a national stage. It's probably best to just take your butt kicking like a man and say "They were the better team on that night. Congratulations to Clemson, they are a worthy champion" and just move on. Even though I would agree with a lot of what he said, it just doesn't do anything productive or constructive. Other than coming across like a whiner trying to make excuses for getting dog stomped.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't see anything bad with his interview. He was just being honest.
Agreed. You might not agree with what he says, but his points are not baseless.

Also, I'd add that neither he nor his son played in the game. So it isn't like he's making excuses for himself or his son.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He is clearly passionate in his support for Alabama and his son. He gave Clemson credit many times in his comments. Generally, he said that Alabama deserves criticism for not treating Clemson with respect. Alabama rolled their helmets out there, and paid the price. Seems fair to me.

What he hinted at but did not say is that his son could have helped and Saban chose not to play him. Not sure how I feel about that.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
i don't like making excuses, and he made a lot of excuses for the loss.

but it's really not debatable that the ACC is a pathetically weak conference...that's just the truth.

there were 2 teams in the ACC that finished with 10 wins, the SEC had 5.

we played the #4 team in our championship game and they played a team that ended up 7-7.

sorry, but the ACC is a joke.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He is clearly passionate in his support for Alabama and his son. He gave Clemson credit many times in his comments. Generally, he said that Alabama deserves criticism for not treating Clemson with respect. Alabama rolled their helmets out there, and paid the price. Seems fair to me.

What he hinted at but did not say is that his son could have helped and Saban chose not to play him. Not sure how I feel about that.
I'm glad he has allegiance to the team.....that (to me) says TONS about him and Christian..... especially compared to some other Football Dads out there.....

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I didn't have much of a problem with his comments until he went on a rant about their schedule. Although true, sometimes its best not to speak your mind. Despite the author's over dramatization, Miller really didn't take anything away from Clemson until he got to the rant on the schedule.

What he said was the truth. Forget the Nick Saban era. Alabama hasn't lost a game by that much since the late 90s. Are you going to tell me that last year's Clemson team is really that good, that it was able to beat one of the most dominant Alabama teams ever by a margin not seen in two decades? Child, please.

Clemson was the fortunate recipient of a distracted Alabama team from the coaching staff down. We shouldn't have been that way and that is a mark against us and a credit to Clemson that they treated the game with the respect it deserved. And had we shown up with the proper respect and preparation in tow, maybe Clemson still wins. But not by 28 points.

That is the most infuriating aspect of that game. No one with half a brain ought to believe Clemson really just dominated Alabama like that. But the scoreboard says what it says, and now they can claim it for the rest of time. My only hope is that there are enough players coming back that are ticked off about it enough to fix it going forward.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I really don’t see where Clemson manhandled Alabama. They won easily. I also don’t see anything different than what was said on this board, and what Corey Miller said. Getting off the field on third and long was a problem all game long, maybe Christian with backside pressure could of changed a few of those?? But it was apparent that this team wasn’t prepared! I guess I agree with almost everything he said.

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
A lot of people out there want to say that Clemson is just that much better than us this year. They also want to say that Trevor Lawrence was by far the best player on the field, and that Dabo's coaching and program have just surpassed Saban and Alabama. The thing is, South Carolina dropped 600 yards and 35 points on them. Kellen Mond lit them up for 430 yards. Does anybody truly believe either of them are better than us? Of course not. Does anybody truly believe that if we played again this week, that they would beat us by 28? Anybody being honest with themselves knows that not true.

What Miller is saying is completely true. Our team checked out (and apparently a lot of coaches did too) after we beat OU. A lot of people felt like if Bama could stop Murray and OU, and that we could show up and beat Clemson. Again, they struggled against TAMU and USCe, and played a schedule of cupcakes. The players bought into that, and they faced a highly motivated team playing with a chip on their shoulder and they got their butt beat. Even after the first half, Most everybody believed Bama would go into the locker room and come out and show Clemson that they were dealing with the mighty Bama, ala the UGA game. The truth is though Bama had won their last 2 games after playing sloppy, undisciplined, and really just flat all the way around.
Complacency is a real thing, and it bit us hard this year. We were so good this year and that hurt us in that we were able to play pretty sloppy football a lot of the time and get by with it.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Corey Miller is entitled to his opinion. IMO, the better team that night won. I am not about making excuses and finger pointing after a loss. CPB paraphrased, win with class, lose with class, CNS paraphrased, if you are not prepared to play you will probably lose. I'm through with the NC game.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

It's okay for Corey Miller to support and believe in his son having the ability to "make a difference" in a football game. As far as Saban "choosing" not to play him I'll never believe that. Ever. CNS relies on his team doctors and trainers to advise him of a players physical readiness to perform. If they're not ready he won't risk their health for a football game. This loss ain't on Nick Saban's roster management skills.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's okay for Corey Miller to support and believe in his son having the ability to "make a difference" in a football game. As far as Saban "choosing" not to play him I'll never believe that. Ever. CNS relies on his team doctors and trainers to advise him of a players physical readiness to perform. If they're not ready he won't risk their health for a football game. This loss ain't on Nick Saban's roster management skills.
Yeah, that was the only part that I didn't care for. Saban uses the Catapult system to tell if a player is ready, even if the doctors have given him a medical clearance (and he was cleared). If Miller was not able to explode off of the LOS, he would have been completely ineffective. If he didn't have full strength back in that leg, he would not have been able to hold the edge on run plays. He didn't play because it was better for him and the team that he not play. But Miller and his father probably feel like he could have made a difference, even in a limited role.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Yeah, that was the only part that I didn't care for. Saban uses the Catapult system to tell if a player is ready, even if the doctors have given him a medical clearance (and he was cleared). If Miller was not able to explode off of the LOS, he would have been completely ineffective. If he didn't have full strength back in that leg, he would not have been able to hold the edge on run plays. He didn't play because it was better for him and the team that he not play. But Miller and his father probably feel like he could have made a difference, even in a limited role.
Didn't realize CNS did this but I agree with the decision to not play him based on the performance issue. Either way I ain't gonna second guess or question his roster management and player health risk decisions especially in a high stakes game.

knowledge

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 6, 2007
Madison
Everything that he states is valid, including repeatedly crediting Clemson for being ready to play and winning. The facts that he is relating are important to framing the perception of the loss. He is perceiving the loss with a mind set that I hope that every Alabama player and coach has: that the circumstances of the loss were unstable, internal, and specific, rather than stable, external, and global. In other words, Alabama had a bad game under circumstances that Alabama can control and improve upon, which motivates coaches and players to work to analyze, improve and succeed, rather than surrendering to helplessness.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.