Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Rumor mill been churning the past few days----

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/luper-moves-to-the-top-of-au-s-list

Word is they wouldn't pony up to get Luper. Something fishy is going on down there. Haven't seen this much inactivity since Barfield.
From the link:
" He also formulated the Tiger Prowl, a barnstorming tour that brought Auburn to its recruits via well-appointed recreational vehicles and limousines that traveled around the region.

The NCAA later passed a rule banning those barnstorming tours."

I see they are still taking credit for that ban. It originated in the Big East. Visualize Big East basketball coaches parked around Lebron James' HS in Hummer limos and you get the picture.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
After the Miss State loss I wanted him gone. That game pushed me over the edge.
Me too. The first time I ever got up and left the house and did not watch the 2nd half. Went to Home Depot and when I got home I started drinking and did not watch football :biggrin:. The Shula years were not fun.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Listening to sports talk during lunch, and the Cadillac hire seems to not have gone over too well. Some think it's a good hire for recruiting (somehow they expect today's recruits to remember Cadillac playing at Auburn and in the NFL). Most seem to think it was bad because he has no experience and Gus is only doing it for PR/please the fan base.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Listening to sports talk during lunch, and the Cadillac hire seems to not have gone over too well. Some think it's a good hire for recruiting (somehow they expect today's recruits to remember Cadillac playing at Auburn and in the NFL). Most seem to think it was bad because he has no experience and Gus is only doing it for PR/please the fan base.
You mean two years of experience at a high school is not enough time to develop into a top 15 program college coach. Cadillac is just another high school coach added to Gus' staff. Birds of a feather.......

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Me too. The first time I ever got up and left the house and did not watch the 2nd half. Went to Home Depot and when I got home I started drinking and did not watch football :biggrin:. The Shula years were not fun.
I waited until the ULM game to walk out during halftime. Good thing my apartment was only 2 blocks away.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

From the link:
" He also formulated the Tiger Prowl, a barnstorming tour that brought Auburn to its recruits via well-appointed recreational vehicles and limousines that traveled around the region.

The NCAA later passed a rule banning those barnstorming tours."

I see they are still taking credit for that ban. It originated in the Big East. Visualize Big East basketball coaches parked around Lebron James' HS in Hummer limos and you get the picture.
All they need to do is hire Trooper Taylor and they could get the whole band back together. Luper and Trooper II.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Dub, any thoughts from the AU cyber famlee on why Tim Horton left ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Dub, any thoughts from the AU cyber famlee on why Tim Horton left ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve heard that Horton and Gus had some “philosophical differences” on running game coaching concepts. Horton felt like he wasnt spending enough time “teaching and developing” the backs and the running game.
Gus wanted less “position coach time” and more time spend on offense and defensive unit concepts. I believe it has been a point of contention between the two for the last couple of years.
Some believe Horton felt Kerryon was “over extended” in 2017 because of lack of development in others behind Johnson and Pettway.
At least that had been some of the talk floating around campus right after the first of the year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.