Link: The biology of political differences.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
In the past 15 - 30 years liberals have been forcing people to invite all kinds of stuff into our lives. I for one don't care what people do in their bedroom or who they marry but I don't need their advice or help on telling my children what is right or wrong. I do care about people breaking the law. I was taught to respect the law and not to break it unless I was willing to pay the price. My parents told us point blank if we did something to earn jail time not to expect a visit from them. The borders are open for LEGAL immigration. Illegals deserve to get out or pay whatever penalty the law dictates. If you want that to change elect representation to congress to change the law. It's nothing personal against anyone but if you start putting up with law breakers you're back to the old west. I don't want that but I can handle it if they can.
you must pay a lot more attention to other folks' sex lives than i do.

Last edited:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
You must be new here.
LOL. No I wasn't speaking specifically about this message board, I was thinking of a happier future long after we are no more. But besides, this forum doesn't need any help with cooperation; it's already got a well established functional complementarity, like feet marching: ...left right left right left right... :D

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
modern conservatism (the past 15-30 years) seems to be primarily based on fear, resentment and the resulting outrage.
Yes because we all recall elections in 1992-96-08-12 when conservatives went rushing out in multiple large cities blocking traffic while women put snatches on their head to protest and all those Republicans who boycotted all those inaugurations and Cabinet votes. Definitely proof of the insanity of conservatives - stuff only the right did by which I mean only the nutbag left.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
to be fair, they're not the ones afraid that transvestites are going to stalk their women in public restrooms
Like I said, "...they are justified...". Both sides think their cause is just and the other's is not.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Yes because we all recall elections in 1992-96-08-12 when conservatives went rushing out in multiple large cities blocking traffic while women put snatches on their head to protest and all those Republicans who boycotted all those inaugurations and Cabinet votes. Definitely proof of the insanity of conservatives - stuff only the right did by which I mean only the nutbag left.
I'm a democrat and a liberal although not a member of the nutbag left, and Trump is very scary to me. It's not so much about his political views as it is I think he will come unhinged and make a really stupid decision in the future.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
I think you just proved Jon's point.
I don't think he did. He can come get mine too. I wouldn't need 'em to keep it from happening. He's just another alt-lefter that likes to keep a smart mouth on the internet all day everyday.

What about you? Do you lock your doors and windows at night?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I don't think he did. He can come get mine too. I wouldn't need 'em to keep it from happening. He's just another alt-lefter that likes to keep a smart mouth on the internet all day everyday.

What about you? Do you lock your doors and windows at night?
alt-left? That's a new one, what's that? A stalinist marxist since they fought the Nazi's and now the Alt-right?

Yeah, to answer your question, of course I do. I also have guns and believe all Americans have to right to own them. But I also made no BS Claims that "I Fear nothing" I have many perfectly rational fears as all normal humans do. Though I don't fear Mexicans even though there are plenty around here and know that my odds of being killed by a refugee are 1 in 3.6 Billion so I don't really fear them either. And I also don't want to spend billions or hundreds of billions to protect myself from insane irrational crap like most of the chicken-crap that most of the Right seems to be terrified of.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm a democrat and a liberal although not a member of the nutbag left, and Trump is very scary to me. It's not so much about his political views as it is I think he will come unhinged and make a really stupid decision in the future.
Trump is frightening to me, too - that doesn't justify the pouty behavior and property destruction that began the very next day - and probably by a lot of people that didn't vote.

As I've said, I know at least one conservative who advocated Hillary publicly for months and who justified it with, "She's corrupt, but he's nuts - and I can live with corrupt over nuts."

That has little to do with the OP, of course, but a lot of us are afraid of this dude.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.