The Last Time Tennessee Beat Alabama

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
- Facebook was only accessible by college students.

- USC had won a national championship in 2004, and Reggie Bush was the 2005 Heisman trophy winner.

- I started my first year at Alabama.

- Republicans held all of Congress.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
There's a head coaching thread on there, and it has Bama Irishman calling CNS "a weird one..."
Yeah I'm reading it now, it's hilarious. I'd like to bump it, but not sure if that's called for. Here's a couple of quotes from some longtime members about Saban coaching at Alabama:

NashvilleTider said:
I'd say the odds are about the same for Coach Bryant rising up out of the grave to lean against the goal post during game warm ups.
bamaslaw said:
I have no desire to have Saban whatsoever. The man wants to coach in the NFL. He is not a long term solution in any way.
bamanut_aj said:
Calling CMS a temporary fix, then calling for Nick Saban to come coach just doesn't make sense. He'd be every bit as temporary.
Tradition4ever said:
I think Chizik would be a good fit at Bama. The Capstone has always been known for its defense-minded teams, and I'm sure Chizik will be actively looking for some head coach positions after the season.
Sorry guys, not trying to call anyone out, but those are hilarious in hindsight.

BamaSlama

1st Team
Jan 11, 2003
Madison, AL
Yeah I'm reading it now, it's hilarious. I'd like to bump it, but not sure if that's called for. Here's a couple of quotes from some longtime members about Saban coaching at Alabama:

Sorry guys, not trying to call anyone out, but those are hilarious in hindsight.
That thread is quite hilarious in hindsight. Well worth the read if you need a chuckle!

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

That thread is hysterical. #hindsight

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

damn.....now you know why I don't gamble! :biggrin:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"Gilmore Girls" had just gone off the air and the WB had just become CW

The Miami Heat were the defending national champions in basketball

Tim Russert, Tony Snow, William Buckley, and Paul Harvey were all still commentating

Peyton Manning had still not yet won a Super Bowl

Barbaro was still alive

Nick Saban was a failing NFL coach and Drew Brees an injured player who would never amount to anything

The economy still felt pretty good

Jerry Sandusky and Lance Armstrong still had glowing reputations

Anne Murray was still singing (she did her farewell tour that year)

CrimsonTsunami

Scout Team
Jan 27, 2010
Birmingham
Eddie Robinson, Bo Schembechler, and Bill Walsh were still alive.
Notre Dame still had a 43 game winning streak over Navy.
Big 10 football was still relevant.
A honey badger was still thought of as a furry weasel-like mammal, not an LSU DB wearing no. 7.
Rich Rodriguez still coached West Virginia. Fisher DeBerry still coached Air Force. Alabama was coached by Mike Shula and Joe Kines.
An FCS team had yet to beat a ranked FBS team. (Div 1-A and Div 1-AA were still correct nomenclatures).
Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, and Texas A&M were still in the Big 12. BYU, TCU, and Utah were still in the Mountain West.
Boise State had yet to run the Statue of Liberty on Oklahoma.
A sophomore had never won a Heisman Trophy.
Stanford went 1-11. Oregon went 7-6. Alabama finished 6-7.
Auburn was headed for their sixth consecutive victory over Alabama.
Tebow had yet to cry, Cam had yet to lie, trees were still alive, LSU didn't really have to try.

Red Auerbach was still alive. Tubby Smith was still the head coach at Kentucky.

The phrase Tea Party was still synonymous with Boston Harbor and the American Revolution. Obamacare had yet to enter the American lexicon. Sarah Palin had yet to be elected governor of Alaska. Dennis Hastert was the Speaker of the House.

Tony Blair was Prime Minister of the UK. Jacques Chirac was Prime Minister of France.

Justin Timberlake's Sexyback was No. 1 on the Billboard Top 100. The Departed had just hit movie theaters. J.K. Rowling had yet to publish the final book in the Harry Potter series.

And perhaps most tellingly of all...Michael Phelps only had 6 gold medals.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The Cardinals had not won a World Series in 24 years.

Tiger Woods was still married.

Qaddafi, Bin Laden, and Hussein were still alive

Michael Vick had not even been suspected by the public of dogfighting

Hillary was in her first term

Gerald Ford was still alive

Mack Brown was still highly regarded

Gene Chizik was not a head coach yer

Spy gate was unknown

Harry Potter was about half over

NASA was still launching shuttles

Movies were still released on VHS

Dennis Franchione was rebuilding aTm. :)

Pat Dye's pants were still in the lake

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You could add thinking Brees was too injured to take a risk on led to CNS' downfall at Miami. Thank goodness!
I've thought about that often. What would have developed if CNS had gotten Brees, the way he was promised? I'm just glad he got taught the NFL lesson...

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
That was the last time I urinated in public! We were on our way to see at the time my fiance's brother and his family in upstate NY and I had to pee really, really bad, so we pulled over at the side of the road, oh what a relief.........

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
That was the last time I urinated in public! We were on our way to see at the time my fiance's brother and his family in upstate NY and I had to pee really, really bad, so we pulled over at the side of the road, oh what a relief.........
Don't believe I'd have told that one, brother. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.