Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
Personally I'm glad we're taking on UGA and not UF this Sat. The Gators have gotten better as the season progressed and will give anyone fits right now.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Jesse was just on SportsCenter. He said Florida was the best team in the country... PERIOD. His reasoning was that UF beat Texas A&M, who beat Alabama. They beat LSU and their only loss was to UGA. In that game, the offense has their "E" effort and turned the ball over numerous times. Couldn't we play this game too? Thoughts?
And in other news, Jesse Palmer has entered drug rehab. ;)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Personally I'm glad we're taking on UGA and not UF this Sat. The Gators have gotten better as the season progressed and will give anyone fits right now.
Thanks for that JCA but I'm pretty sure we would get hammered by Bama right now. Bama is hands down the most complete and competitive team in college football right now. I'm REALLY looking forward to this Saturday's SECCG against UGA. You gotta know that Gators everywhere will be living vicariously through the Crimson Tide.

Hopefully we can build on this season and be smoother on offense next year - especially as our sophomore QB, Driskel improves.

It would be great to see a rematch of our two teams next year....

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I enjoy our up and coming rivalry with the Gators. I like them and always cheer for them when they don't play Bama! Glad to know that the majority of Gator fans are equally as repulsed by Palmer!

termite

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Albertville AL
Wow, a former Florida Player thinks Florida is the best team in the nation!! I'm so surprised!!
Ok, sarcasm is done.

Florida is good, yes, but they did loose a game. Their SOS is also very good. But, this year we have the BCS who says #1 plays #2. The BCS puts together polls, computers, etc, and the BCS says #1 is Notre Dame and #2 is 'Bama.
Florida is not even in the discussion.

So, who really cares what Jesse Palmer thinks?

Yes..

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
You're alright in my book, Bazza. Course, round here, that ain't saying a whole lot. ;)
Ha! Thanks Riz - I enjoy this forum because of the football savvy discussions so give yourself (yourselves) a pat on the back....this is a great community and I feel fortunate to have found it.

I just hope we can all stay friends when Florida plays Bama next year at the end of the year in the NC...:eek2:

Now please.....take care of business on Saturday - do what we couldn't - send those dirty dawgs to the pound!!! :)

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
I think the truth (according to Buzzard :biggrin:) is that there's no real clear cut dominant or "best" team this season. Whether you're talking about Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Oregon, Notre Dame, Kstate etc. The common fan can watch several games of each of these teams throughout the regular season and begin picking out flaws.
that is very true. you can pick apart any team pretty much this year and there is no dominant team, but for jesse to say florida is #1 shows he is just being a homer. florida has a nice resume, but they got to face an a&m team early in the year before they played their first game and you see a lot of improvement for most teams from game 1 to game 2. If a&m had a game before they played florida that is a loss on their schedule. the night a&m beat alabama they would have beaten most teams in the country with how they played imo. uf beat usce and lsu and those are impressive wins, but then they come into jacksonville and they lose. the reason uf's offense was that bad had a lot to do with our defense and how we played them. if you look at the turnovers they had one which was a giveaway, the rest were taken from them. that is just great defensive plays. if uf had taken care of their business in jacksonville they would be in the dome, but they didn't and uga did. time for florida to stop whining and start getting ready for the sugar bowl.

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
Honestly I feel bad for Florida not getting a shot they have had a great year. To me they are way more deserving of being in the SEC champ game than Georgia.

They are suffering from a lower preseason ranking and the eye test but their results speak for themselves.
they would be more deserving if they had beaten uga head to head, but they didn't. they are very fortunate james franklin can't hit wide open receivers and the ragin cajun's got a punt block so they could be them. that offense is challenged, but that defense is great. no team with what was at one time a 120th ranked offense needs to be talking about being the #1 team in the country. also their preseason ranking and eye test mean nothing because they couldn't beat uga.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
I wonder what his logic will be if Alabama beats Georgia (which I expect to happen as most of us here do) the team that beat his beloved Gators?
Me too. I think he thinks they are about to return to Meyer/Tebow era and got excited. Kinda confusing possible future with present. I want to see what he says once we soundly dismantle UGA. RTR

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
FYI: This was the first time all season Jesse had anything positive to say about his former team.

If that makes him a homer so be it but like I said before...he was disowned already before his comments this week - so it doesn't matter to us anyway....:wink:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My brother the Gator fan, who sees things in his analysis that I miss said Alabama would roll this year's Gator team fwiw.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
My brother the Gator fan, who sees things in his analysis that I miss said Alabama would roll this year's Gator team fwiw.
I totally agree with this. Even though both teams have the same won-loss record - they are miles apart in substance this season

Florida is still recovering from a very short recruiting year during Coach Meyer's last season (2010) - plus we had a lot of transition issues last season with the new coaching staff and new system and that carried over to this year with another new system (new O.C. Brent Pease) and young QB Jeff Driskel - so we are still rebuilding and developing - no doubt. We are hoping next year will be our year. But have to say all things considered we are very very VERY pleased with our 2012 season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.