How Sean Spicer Is Shaking Up the White House Press Briefing

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I think draining the swap also applies to stupid reporters also. Both left and right wing.
If you think there's any swamp draining going on other than efforts to destoy the environment I have some swampland to sell you.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Click? Read? Who the heck do you think we are?:eek: I have no problem with other news groups being called on. I kinda like the Skype setup.

Does seem like Trump and Spicer tend to avoid people that might ask hard questions.
I can definitely understand not taking any questions from organizations that were actively cheating on debate questions with the opposing party during the election. That seem to prove they are not news agency but rather political support groups.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I can definitely understand not taking any questions from organizations that were actively cheating on debate questions with the opposing party during the election. That seem to prove they are not news agency but rather political support groups.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The thing is.....the media is not who dictates the direction of our country....(although many of them think they do).

As Bill/Selma pointed out in the other thread.....public opinion of the media is very very low right now.

I appreciate the fact that our new president is reacting to this and trying to effect change in our behalf.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The thing is.....the media is not who dictates the direction of our country....(although many of them think they do).

As Bill/Selma pointed out in the other thread.....public opinion of the media is very very low right now.

I appreciate the fact that our new president is reacting to this and trying to effect change in our behalf.
trump is daily making a fool out of himself and is getting really angry that folks are pointing that out.
this has been his m.o. for the past 35 years

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I appreciate the fact that our new president is reacting to this and trying to effect change only on his behalf so that there are less checks to his power and narcissism.
FIFY.

He was completely fine with the "dishonest fake" media talking about Hillary's emails and sharing all the WikiLeaks stuff that he thought was the greatest thing since spray tan.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
trump is daily making a fool out of himself and is getting really angry that folks are pointing that out.
this has been his m.o. for the past 35 years
FIFY.

He was completely fine with the "dishonest fake" media talking about Hillary's emails and sharing all the WikiLeaks stuff that he thought was the greatest thing since spray tan.

You guys are missing the whole point of this thread.

Now...more than ever....there are MORE media outlets in the room for the daily briefings.

Don't you want MORE media in the room?

If not...then just say so.

Example: "I am NOT HAPPY that the president is allowing more media outlets in the press briefings. Why can't we leave things just as they were?"

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
So are you saying that those people who were caught cheating during the debates weren't acting as political operatives?
No, I'm saying the amount of Trump's kool-aid you've drunk seems unhealthy. And that's a broader observation, not one that solely responds to the quoted post.

BTW one person was found to have leaked an (incredibly obvious) question and was promptly fired. If you think that was an appropriate response to her transgression, I'm not sure why you want the organization blackballed until the end of time.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

Example: "I am NOT HAPPY that the president is allowing more media outlets in the press briefings. Why can't we leave things just as they were?"
Nice strawman.

More press isn't the issue. Giving dumb conspiracy theory peddlers front row seats and calling on them over actual journalists because the President can only hit softball, underhand pitches is the issue. Alex Jones does not deserve an equal pedestal to the New York Times. Having more of something doesn't mean it's higher quality or better.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
You are missing the whole point of our responses.

Who cares if there are more media outlets in the room when they're just looking for someone to believe their lies without questioning them?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Now...more than ever....there are MORE media outlets in the room for the daily briefings.

"I want to find a friendly reporter!"

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
"I want to find a friendly reporter!"
I didn't watch the Press Conference yesterday as I was on the road at the time but have caught up since. I can't believe that came after the huge softball that the reporter from the Jewish Magazine was attempting to throw him. If he had simply listened or understood the question he could have come out looking great on that one. Instead he came off looking even more like an anti-Semite, accusing the guy of lying and asking an unfair question. And then he asks for a friendly reporter, man that was bizarre

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.