FBI Probe of College Basketball

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Re: FBI Probe of College Basketball Players, Coaches, and NBA Agents

We're in good shape, especially if Akingbola reclassifies, but we are on the market for a GT point or combo guard.
To expound on this, here's what our lineup looks like currently:

Harper - GT Guard - Doughty
Brown - Doughty - GT Guard - Purifoy
Purifoy - Dunbar - Doughty - Okeke
Okeke - Spencer - Mclemore - Purifoy
McLemore - Spencer - Okeke

Injury risk is still an issue, but rotation depth is not. If Akingbola gets his advanced coursework done as expected and reclassifies, mix him in at 4/5 for a solid 9 man rotation. If the unthinkable happens and Wiley returns, we're primed for a deep tourney run.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Don't be shocked if Bruce gets an extension here soon. We're looking to lock him down.
“Well Paaawwwwwlll, they trying to lock him down before the FBI locks him up!”

I couldn’t resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Coleman isn't going to Auburn. Just announced he's heading to Arizona.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

Don't look now, but Heron leaving isn't as much of a foregone conclusion as we thought. Finished the semester and hasn't hired an agent. Reportedly seriously considering a return.

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015

Don't look now, but Heron leaving isn't as much of a foregone conclusion as we thought. Finished the semester and hasn't hired an agent. Reportedly seriously considering a return.
Why would he consider a pay cut by going pro? 😜😂😂😂

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

what about Wiley
No one really knows. Did well on his measurables, but wasn’t close to justifying a round 1 pick. I imagine he’s a late round 2 pick and it would be in his best interest to return and show the scouts he has a mid-range game, but who knows what’s going on between his ears right now?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

"Throughout life, my family has always been very important to me, and after much reflection, I have made the decision to return home to Philadelphia to be close to my mom as she continues her battle with Stage IV ovarian cancer and afford my sons the opportunity to grow up surrounded by our extended family. My wife, children and parents have made countless sacrifices for me over the years so that I could be a basketball coach, and now it’s time for me to go back to my Philadelphia roots, work in the family business as a pharmacist and be a mentor and coach at home."

Could very well be more to it than that, but I don't have much trouble believing his stated reasoning.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.