Game Thread: Alabama @ TAMU (8 CT on SECN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Any effort would exceed the last game, so...

Execution is very inconsistent and the effort is somewhat inconsistent as well. Lots of poor decisions with the ball. We don't always play smart and keep our bodies under control.

IOW, yes, this effort is much better but there is a lot of work to do. It's a good thing aTm is the opponent tonight. I hope the play is more consistent in the 2nd half and in the games to come.
Having junior off the court cuts the bad ball decisions about in half...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Ingram's back foot never moved off the floor or slid; bad walking call.

Replayed it several times and back foot never moved. He faked and skip-skipped his front foot; that is not a walk and cost Bama big at the end of the half as A&M hit a three.
I went back and watched and I think you are right, but here's a point I've made a bunch of times. Why didn't Dazon take the wide open three??? Instead of taking a wide open three he hesitates with the ball and gives the ref a chance to make that bad call. He's been shooting better from 3 so why not take a wide open look? It's a perfect example of how we over-pass the ball.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I went back and watched and I think you are right, but here's a point I've made a bunch of times. Why didn't Dazon take the wide open three??? Instead of taking a wide open three he hesitates with the ball and gives the ref a chance to make that bad call. He's been shooting better from 3 so why not take a wide open look? It's a perfect example of how we over-pass the ball.
IDK either. He's our best trey shooter, percentage-wise...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That’s been a problem with Dazon for awhile now. He’s a good shooter but doesn’t immediately pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Having junior off the court cuts the bad ball decisions about in half...
I think it's a blind spot CAJ has. For fear of critcism, if I'm in his shoes, I'd probably err on the side of not playing him even if I thought he deserved it. But in this case, he seems to get alot more PT than he deserves based on a lack of production and he'll make the same kind of TO every game by driving into the paint and then trying to make some kind of 8th grade pick up game pass.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
May have been wanting to hold the ball for last shot at that point. Ingram is sometimes ready to shoot the three and sometimes not...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think it's a blind spot CAJ has. For fear of critcism, if I'm in his shoes, I'd probably err on the side of not playing him even if I thought he deserved it. But in this case, he seems to get alot more PT than he deserves based on a lack of production and he'll make the same kind of TO every game by driving into the paint and then trying to make some kind of 8th grade pick up game pass.
TBF, it's made me think at times that this really is his last year and he's going to play junior as much as he can...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We kinda like the 3 stooges right now. Trip over each other to get a ball when nobody is around.
Sometimes it reminds me of when I coached 5 and 6 year olds. “Hustle to the ball... no don’t hustle that much!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
There's just no way around the fact we are not playing good basketball right now.

But thankfully they aren't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.