Tracy McGrady or Vince Carter

Scraptor

Mar 13, 2018
I'm fighting over this decision with my friend. What do you think guys who were the better baller?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I will go with Carter also. He was still playing way over the rim at 30+ y/o.
And is still playing ... McGrady had a good period of All-Star seasons but across the board, Carter is the better player IMO. I would have never thought tho that he would be currently the NBA's oldest active player nor would I have thought he would have played longer than McGrady.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I would give the edge to Tracy McGrady. I thought Tracy was a impact player longer than Vince Carter (what, no Sergeant Carter jokes?) despite Carter having the longevity. But to me asking who was better between Carter and McGrady is like asking who was better Bird or Magic. Russell or Chamberlain. The Great One or Super Mario. Captain America or Batman. You can't go wrong with either choice.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
What's funny about this, is the fact they are cousins.

Vince has scored more points, lasted longer (he is still on a NBA roster for this coming year), played in almost 500 more games, has a better shooting percentage (barely), and even shot better from the FT line. But I agree that both would be a take for me.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
true but TMac was a scoring leader in the NBA twice, had the better highs in both assists and rebounds in their best seasons respectively for both..TMac was an MVP candidate a couple times. I dont think Carter ever finished top 10. I think Carter gets a little more love than deserved due to his amazing highlight reel of dunks. i am able to see it as a legit discussion though. it's not a major gap though i'd take TMac a million times over..i'm speaking in terms of better player as the OP mentioned. not longer career

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.