Is Amari Cooper a Pre-season All-SEC pick next year?

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
With DeAndrew White, Christian Jones, Cooper, Bell, and Norwood all back next year..... our receiving corps is going to be one of the best we've ever had. I hope AJ sticks around.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He is closer to an All-American. Some SEC players had better stats this years, but we spread the ball around more. Amari played as well as any receiver this year in the SEC, as a true freshman.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Will any of the preseason ones from this year return and how did they do? But if we win the NC, almost certainly.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Yep there are tons of talented receivers who haven't proven anything yet. The guys I listed are just the ones that have shown us that they're legit top tier SEC receivers against good competition.
Black was projected to make an impact from his spring. The injury is the only thing that kept him from showing his talent. I look forward to seeing what he can do next season...

....and, Im glad we didnt burn his redshirt for one game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Coop has to be pre-season all-sec next season. Should be an all-sec pick this season.

My question for Coop's 2013 season - is he mentioned in the Heisman discussion? He probably won't put up enough numbers.

With the entire WR corps returning, the passing game should not struggle a bit.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Man I hope AJ stays (I think he needs to just based on I think he needs more grooming). If he does, our offense will be awesome. I know we will be replacing a few on the oline, but I think we could possible have another run at a NC.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Speaking of Black, I would not expect him to come out and be better than Amari just because of what happened in their 1st camp. No doubt he's going to be good, and could possible be better, but Amari is a proven big time gamer now, and you can't really judge a player until you put them on stage. There are some intagibles that Cooper showed in games that were most likely not seen in camp. Like being fearless and uninhabited on national television.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Man I hope AJ stays (I think he needs to just based on I think he needs more grooming). If he does, our offense will be awesome. I know we will be replacing a few on the oline, but I think we could possible have another run at a NC.
With the "youngness" of our team (saw a tweet that one are legitimately one of the youngest teams this year) and the potential that will return next year. I think we'll be in better shape to make a run next year than many probably thought we had at it this year. And although I'm hesitant to say it, this could very well be the case even if AJ enters the draft.

This supposes that replacing 3 offensive linemen will go relatively smoothly, but our defense should be incredibly great again (more like '11's defense) than this year's!

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
He will have some stiff competition. Even assuming that Jrs Jordan Matthews of Vandy and Justin Hunter of ut go pro. There's Donte Moncrief of Ole Miss, Mike Evans of TA&M, Doral Green-Beckham of MO, and Cordarrelle Patterson of ut.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I love Julio Jones as much as any Bama fan. Julio is far away the best athlete to ever play WR at Alabama. Amari Cooper is already the best WR to ever play WR at Alabama. Amari, barring injury, will be another 1st rounder.

Have any of us seen a CB that can run with Amari in and out of his breaks? What about going up and getting the ball? The catch over All-American All-Mouth Rambo was a how-to video on going and getting the ball. He is always in the right place when AJ has to leave the pocket, showing incredible awareness for a freshmen WR.

The one thing I will say though, Julio's ceiling is Randy Moss type career, with no ego. Amari Cooper I see as having a Marvin Harrison type ceiling, which is nothing to be ashamed of.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
With the "youngness" of our team (saw a tweet that one are legitimately one of the youngest teams this year) and the potential that will return next year. I think we'll be in better shape to make a run next year than many probably thought we had at it this year. And although I'm hesitant to say it, this could very well be the case even if AJ enters the draft.

This supposes that replacing 3 offensive linemen will go relatively smoothly, but our defense should be incredibly great again (more like '11's defense) than this year's!
To be honest, this team has overachieved. Last years team I felt was maybe the best team in 10 years(NCAA). I would have been as happy as last year with the league title this year even without a BCS shot. I see this team on par with the 2010 team with the bum schedule. Getting past LSU and Georgia were huge, whom I believe were both better than Notre Dame.

We have a no name defense that ended up #1. When your coach admits(last week) that your defense is not as talented as the past few, and your the #1 defense, you've done some good playing and coaching.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He has nearly 900 yards and didn't even start getting big snaps until he caught 2 balls and scored a TD in the Arkansas game. To me, his level of production is more accomplished than what Julio did as a starter from game 1 in 2008. The fact Cooper was going to contribute this year didn't surprise me. The fact Cooper he's now a starter is a little more surprising but not very much. The fact he's our best receiver is kind of crazy because Norwood, Bell, White, and Ch. Jones had a pretty significant amount of experience and talent. The most ridiculous thing is that Chris Black was out-performing Cooper from Spring drills through his Fall camp injury.

It's going to be insane how much potential our passing game could have next year if McCarron returns. Cooper, Norwood, Bell, White, Ch. Jones, Black is an insanely deep rotation. OJ Howard, who I think will come in January 2013, may be the matchup guy we've been looking for at TE too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.